Project doesn't validate anymore

I cannot start a session, yesterday it was working fine and I didn’t change anything

The output log only seem to be saying “Project … failed to update”

@im_a_lama can you send pictures of your output and message logs? Are there any errors inside

This is the output log, I’ll look for the message log also, but I’m pretty sure there’s no error displayed, brb

One thing to keep an eye out for would be the asset check section of the message log.

Because of the new model guidelines ? The thing is I only use Fortnite and Fab assets
The only custom asset I use is a dune background (because I can’t find a way to edit the render distance in Fortnite dunes)

Here’s the complete log :

The only warning I get is related to a texture, I’ve always had this warning and it was working still, it’s asking me to add mipmaps I think, but I don’t want to reduce the quality of this texture as it’s used in a really large area.

@im_a_lama a couple things:

• Could you send me your UEFN logs?
  • Could you try to address that texture warning to see if that fixes anything?
  • Could you try to resave all the actors in your Outliner (Ctrl+A → Save Selected Actors) and all the assets in your content browser?
1 Like

I’m having this same issue, my project fails to validate. I was working on this project last night and was not running into any issues.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. My project was working 100% fine, Before the new season update. And today I tried to work on my project some more and it has the failed to validate for upload and doesn’t connect to the session. This is why I hate update day! It always breaks something :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

I also have this exact same issue, yesterday i could do everything just fine and since the update i can’t launch a session anymore into Fortnite.

@here I’m sorry that you are hitting issues after this most recent update. If you don’t mind could you please follow the steps I listed above for Fenzy? Please check to make sure you don’t have any asset check errors in your project and please try resaving everything in your project.

If those steps don’t work please DM me your UEFN logs and I can take a look.

Yep sure, I was deleting some useless stuff I had in my project (e.g. a map backup) which took hours, but I’m starting to do what you said, I’ll reach to you soon!

1 Like

@here please also check that your output log isn’t filtering out any logs. Please go to your output log and hit the filters button and select “Show All”. For easier error searching you can filter on just errors as well.

1 Like

Ok so I fixed the warnings, resaved all the content assets, saved the actors again (didn’t find any Resave option for actors but it seemed to work)

Restarted UEFN and instantly launched session, it seem to work now. I’m not sure why though I’m gonna replace things one by one, do you still want logs?

Thank you for your help also, I would have never found out!

1 Like

So apparently, it comes from the texture warning, since I can’t add it back to the project! I’ll have to look into mipmaps and LODbias I guess

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, my logs show the following:

LogContentStreaming: Warning: [T_Fire_01_D] Texture stream in request failed due to IO error (Mip 1-2). - this one repeats over and over again - any idea?

LogHttp: Warning: Retry 1 on

Thanks that ended up working, had to do with the texture resolution

2 Likes

@X_TyFighter_X please see the comment above yours. You will likely need to fix your texture warnings before uploading.

Yes, sorry I’m not sure how to do that - that texture isn’t in my project (I presume T_Fire_01_D is the texture?)

Ok so to sum it up for people having this issue, my problem was actually coming from a warning that said

[AssetLog]  /Deathrun_ConstructionSite/Materials/Textures/black-hole2 : Non-cinematic texture is too big. It is 4829x2898. Use LODBias to reduce its size to 2,048 or lower. (FortValidator_Textures)

I didn’t want to use LODbias or mipmaps as I need the texture to be large, I actually set the texture to be “cinematic” and it’s working fine now.

fix_texture

I still have the “[T_Fire_01_D] Texture stream in request failed due to IO error (Mip 1-2)” error showing up in logs repeatedly as @X_TyFighter_X stated but I think it’s no harm.

Have to solve my 300 ping in local bug now :smiley:

5 Likes