Project crashes with EXCPETION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Try the workaround I found! I’m having the same issue.

Basically, to get into my project… I have to first open another project that will open and then open my project after and it works. Let me know if this works for you because I have a question afterwards.

@Frizles I managed to find your crash internally and we are investigating. To help us out, would it be possible for you to share your UEFN project here or through DM?

No it doesn’t work for me. But what’s your question?

How would I do that?

Depending on where you saved your .uefnproject, could you paste the Verse code that you have in your project here? Or, if it’s not able to be publicly shared, please send that in a DM.

Okay I sent it in DM

My question was if it worked for you: Were you having issues with devices not showing up in the session? I have this same issue, and when I am able to get my project to run the way I stated, then all fortnite assets are not visible in game and any of the ones I’ve imported are. It’s super strange.

@Frizles, thanks for sharing your code snippet privately. The issue there was due to a bug in the code generation that was being triggered by a syntax error. We will fix this.

@hanus35, the cause of your issue sounds different (an access violation can happen for many different reasons). Could you go into more detail about what you’re experiencing and how you’re currently working around it (preferably in a new thread)?

1 Like

@sonictke

1 Like

[quote=“[Critical] UEFN Crashing when opening project, post:9, topic:816361”]
@sonictke I’m having the same issue as this thread you responded in: Project crashes with EXCPETION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I found a workaround to access my project, but if I try to open the normal way then it crashes with the same error. I am not running any VERSE coding at all. It just crashes as soon as I try to load this project file. If there is anything you can do to assist that would be amazing!
[/quote]

just a same bro