[Critical] UEFN Crashing when opening project

Evidence: Straight crashes as soon as I open this map in UEFN. Other maps open just fine. This issue began after running the memory test, getting test code, and trying to publish on the website last night. Was having issues with publishing and now this morning my map that had no issues last night is crashing. Was hoping to playtest with some friends today, but the whole entire map is glitched. Super frustrating. But it is what it is with a beta release.

If replicable, how: Literally just open this island in UEFN and it crashes
Impacted Island Code: 8474-9868-6848v1 (Had issues with publishing so I don’t know if this code even works)

Update:
Sooooooo… Weird issue… I was able to open the project by first opening another project and then going to File> New/Open Project > and selecting the project that was having an issue. I have gained access and am able to open a session in Fortnite. So, I’m thinking all fixed… Figure I can test it out. I save all, close UEFN. Open UEFN and select my project and CRASH.

I also re-installed UEFN in hopes that would resolve the issue.

did it solve the issue?

No. Also, just now I created a team and thought maybe if I transferred that map to the team then maybe it would maybe refresh some things and fix some issues. That did not help. Same exact response.

im having some issues as well… what happened to me is that after i force closed the engine it refused to work no matter the map, kept crashing…

That happened to me as well. I had to restart my computer. This map worked fine after the restart and I was able to continue to test and develop until I tried to publish.

even after restart it didnt work for me so im reinstalling

To open a project that is crashing I first open an unaffected project and click this:

It’s open! But if I try to open straight from the UEFN project browser it crashes again…

@sonictke I’m having the same issue as this thread you responded in: Project crashes with EXCPETION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I found a workaround to access my project, but if I try to open the normal way then it crashes with the same error. I am not running any VERSE coding at all. It just crashes as soon as I try to load this project file. If there is anything you can do to assist that would be amazing!

1 Like

Hi @hanus35, thanks for the information. I’ve found your crashes and have reported it internally as well. it’s definitely a different issue from the one described in the other thread.

@sonictke Would this cause all of the Fortnite devices and assets to not work while a session is live? When I load into the session my spawners don’t work, FN assets are gone when I play the game in fortnite. Anything I’ve manually input is there though.

@Horrid, would you be able to share the Verse code in the project that causes the crash? If you can’t share it publicly, feel free to send directly.

Help?

im stuck aswell what do i do

I have been having the same issue, but I tried to open the map on a different device and it opens just fine.

I tried the same thing. I made a new blank project then opened up my main project from that project with the New/Open Project button and my project that has been crashing ever since 25.20 now opens.

Guys sometimes it’s related to not having enough space in your C disk that could cause a crash

If anyone has the same issue after renaming creating verse devices here is a thread that solves your problem: