Problems with Spline Thicken on large mastabas.

Hello. I recently started studying the engine and ran into a problem that I don’t know how to solve. I need to change the thickness of the spline depending on the distance to the camera. Simply mastabing the mesh will not work here. Spline Thincken seems like a good solution (maybe I can achieve the result I need in other ways, please tell me).

I tried using a mesh of a plane and a primitive tetrahedral cylinder, but the results looked terrible. I’m currently using a 12 point cylinder. It looks normal, but when i move the camera away, the splinemeshes begin to flicker, apparently which have an x ​​coordinate close to 0. There is no flickering close to it, and I have no idea why this is happening.

Unfortunately (new users can not upload attachments), only screenshots. My material, and how flickering manifests itself. I note that there is no flickering when the camera is moving.

I uploaded a video to yotube, maybe it will help you better understand what the problem is.

In discord I was advised to make anti aliased spline renderer. As far as I understand this advice, I tried to change the anti aliased method in the project settings. But this had no effect.

Hey @saweliew2w

maybe this can help you:

You could also try a Niagara system where particles rotate on the orbit and create the desired visual effect.

Thanks, I’ll take a look soon. This is very similar to what I have.

Unfortunately, there is nothing particularly valuable to me in this project. And there is nothing to do with thickening splines. And yet there are a couple of interesting things that I took note of.

In this topic there is a link to a video, an example of how you can deform a spline mesh, but there is no tutorial on how it works. This would be useful to me.

Hey @saweliew2w

that video was made by @Flakky

Here is a 4.26 version of this blueprint:

UE426_MeshDeform.zip (1.2 MB)