4.8 have been released for couple of days now, and there is this new feature that allows you to draw polygons in the world.
I wanted to play a bit with it, but accidently made spline-based generation, that generates objects in real-time.
Here is the video demo of what i’ve done.
0:00 - Simple cylinder generation
0:50 - Generation by spline-based shape
4:18 - Generation along spline
I’m very sorry for a long video… Wanted to show all the possibilities.
- Cylinder generation (Radius and height)
- Cylinder taper
- Show/Hide Caps
- Side count
- Custom shape mesh generation (Makes rounded meshes based on spline shape. Like Lathe modifier in 3dsMax.).
- Generation along spline (Takes shape and extrude it along another spline)
- Iteration support
- Closed splines support (I don’t know why, but it works only in real-time. In vewport mesh will still has a hole)
- Invert normal support
- Material support of course
- Everything is commented, as well as every variable.
Made with 4.8 P1 and wont work on any versions below 4.8