Spline-based mesh generation

very very cool. I like.

Well. Why don’t u get UV’s? You must set them as well as vertexes and other stuff. Or… Are you talking about my BP, that can be downloaded from the first post? If so, then it is my previous version. I will release my newt version with UV’s and smoothing groups very soon.

And yeah, I’m thinking about Lofing to… But right now I’m busy with making Smoothing groups support.

Yeah I thought so :slight_smile: was hoping the first post had been updated with the latest version of the BP. Sitting tight!

thanks you:)

This is very cool. Is it possible to save created meshes as assets for reuse, or are they currently tied to being a specific asset type?

I did wonder about this to… But there is no way to make it reusable. Export to FBX does not export generated geometry (Should I request feature maybe?). The only way I see, is to open a project, migrate BP and then Copy-Paste actor to the new project. Just tested out, it works. But no way to save as asset :frowning:

Is this implemented in C++ or BP? Either way it’s awesome.

Blueprints.

I guess this is the problem with it being entirely blueprint based - had it been C++, it would have been entirely possible, but thinking about it, the functionality needed to save as an asset won’t be exposed at all. I might have a poke around in the code base later and see what’s missing.

I’ve had a bit of a look at making something like this into an asset. To start with it needs to be C++, you also need to separate the component into a UObject and component and make a bunch of support classes for the asset type.

Custom FXB exporting was also something I looked into. The problem is that all the FXB exporting code is in one engine file and it can’t be extended in an external class. In other words a plugin can’t export an FXB using the existing system, you need to modify the engine code. I suspect this may be due to licensing requirements for the FXB code provided by Autodesk.

What you can do however is save the data into a static mesh. I’ve actually got some code for this that uses a base pretty similar to the procedural mesh your using, it shouldn’t be too difficult to adapt it. Let me know if you ever make a C++ version and I can send it to you otherwise check out the code for converting a BSP into a static mesh since that’s what I based it on.

whoa awesome!

just wondering, does it support collision? :smiley:

Yes, it supports it, but physics ignores these objects and I don’t know why :frowning: But I think, that some settings are turned off, so it should work if correct settings are applied.

:cool:This is one of the coolest things I found here.:wink:

I did not find option for collision, only in the two splines.:confused:

:3

I, also, am not getting collisions :c

You guys downloading old version. But I haven’t released the new one, with collision, UV’s and Smoothing.

this is pretty amazing dude!

Kia ora

Could this be set to select from say 4 to 6 textures and place them randomly? eg: a bunch of cobble path seamles textures with a slight difference so it made
a cobble path the to not look all the same, have some with broken cobbles some cobbles missing, grassy, and dirt etc, get where I going I hope.

Still hoping to see final version. It’ll make so much things easier…

Is it possible to form the initial mesh around a set of vertices? I have a bunch of points in 2D space, and I want to form the mesh perfectly around those points, and then use spline generation to extrude the mesh in creative ways.

this is absolutely brilliant.
we are working on a vr paint app that supports your mesh creator.

is there a chance that you post your current (beta)release?

respect and love,