Problem with material when converting meshes to nanite

Hi there.

I am relatively new to Unreal Engine and specially to the Nanite and lumen features.

My problem is that I wanted to switch some of my most used assets into nanite for performances, but I’ve seen that the rendering of these meshes is then altered and the lighting is not behaving as it used to.

For example, after switching to nanite, my static mesh is appearing much more pale and /or doesn’t react with light and shadows in a realistic way. Maybe it’s a very basic problem that comes from me not knowing how to properly set up meshes, light and materials for Nanite, but any information woul be much appreciated. Thanks !

Here you can see the mesh without Nanite on the right, and the same mesh with the same material with Nanite support enabled on the left.

Actually found the problem and the solutions !
It is a problem related to the skylight present in the scene. The skylight seems to affect nanite geometry in a different way than standard meshes. To fix this, I only had to change the skylight type from the default “Stationary” to either "Static or “Movable”.

Link to the original answer and question where I found this : Original Topic

This is a known bug. Wouldn’t count on it being fixed soon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.