Problem whit Sky Light in Lighting Scenarios

Hi, I have two lighting scenarios that I load alternately in a persistent level using the Load Stream Level node… In each level there is a sky light and just one level is loaded at a time, but when I build the lights I get this error message “Multiple sky lights are active, only one can be enabled per world”… I also tried to remove the sky lights from the lighting scenarios and to add one in the persistent level, but doing this, when the lighting scenarios are loaded it seems that the sky light is not calculated… Someone could help me to solve this probleme, please? Thanks in advance!

Hi - You need to build the light in the separate levels ( as independent maps ). Later, you incoroprate them into a persistent level which can stream either ( as a lighting scenario ).

Hi, first of all thanks for replying! So you mean that i can’t build light from the persistent level but only from the single levels containing the lights? I ask this because I’ve tried to do it, but the persistent level continue to show the “lighting needs to be rebuilt” message…

That’s right, don’t build from persistent. The persistent should have nothing in it, just an empty level that’s there to hold the other levels.

You’re probably getting that message because your persistent has lights in, no?

Yes, in the persistent there are some pointlights (but mobility is set on movable) and some meshes and blueprints that should always be loaded… Should I remove all of this elements from the persistent and place them into the other two levels in order to make the persistent level completely empty?

Personally I have absolutely nothing in the persistent.

I think it’s ok to do so, but I’m wondering where the light build message is coming from.

Have you built light in all sublevels separately?

EDIT: Of course it’s not ok to have a skylight in the persistent, that’s what giving you errors.

Yes, I rebuild the light just now in both the levels and I keep getting the “lighting needs to be rebuilt” message…
No, I don’t have a sky light in the persistent, it was just a test I made, but I’ve immediately remove the sky light after saw it didn’t work properly

Strange. I guess I’d try moving the content to another sub level and see if you still get the build warning…

I’ve tried right now, I moved all the content of the persistent in another sublevel and then I builded the light for each sublevel but when I open the persistent I keep to get the warning…

Just to check.

You have one persistent level with absolutely nothing in.

Other levels which are standalone maps which you have opened separately and built the light and saved.

In the persistent level you have added the sub levels using the ‘levels’ window.

?

Ok, weird.

I’d start with a new empty persistent. It wont ask to build lighting.

Then add one of your sub levels at a time, find out which one is causing the problem…

EDIT: The persistent is totally black, right?

Yes, exactly

Yes, the persistent is totally black, I’ve created an empty level… I did what you said, and noticed that one of the sublevel I added lose the light build each time I open or load it… I try to better explain… I build the light in this level and everything is alright, then I save all and open another level, but if I go back in the first level it ask me the lighting rebuild again… And obviously it do the same thing if I load this level in the persistent level using the levels window.
Another strange thing I noticed is that the number of the objects that needs a light rebuild in the persistent is lower then the other level… And the problem is given by the directional light present in the level in question

Very weird. But at least you know where it comes from now!

Maybe try removing the directional light and replace it?

I tried … But nothing has changed…

What happens before the message appears again? Do you play the level? Is there a light in the player perhaps. Do you have any lights that are not marked as moveable, but something moves them?

Or do you have actors not marked as moveable which move?

No, I haven’t played … It does if I open the level manually … I have all the lights set as movable and I have always place and set them by blueprints except for the directional light… And there’s no actor that moves exept for the characters that are all set as movable

OK, so what needs building then?.. You have a static/stationary light there, otherwise it wouldn’t say it… :>

I tried looks for an optimization viewmode to show light sources, but can’t find one…

Yes, the only light I need to build is the directional light, I had forgotten to say that the directional is set as stationary

So apparently something is moving the directional light. What could that be?..