Prefabricator - Open Source Prefab Plugin

Hi Ali, thanks so much for this. This seems like a solution and extention for the Snap Builder in your excellent Dungeon Architect package on the marketplace. Will yo be doing any videos on them combined ?

This looks amazing. With this plugin Dungeon ARchitect will be so much more.

HOLY S@!t
until this is on the market you are not allowed to do anything except work on it.
I was going to get into that soon but have decided that due to this coming out I will NOT until then so I dont have to worry excessively on rebuilding.

Thank you for this soo much this looks amazing, and the run time is great.

edit:
you can sleepā€¦i just realized you had the download on there. I was looking on the marketā€¦teehee

An amazing addition to UE4. You Rock! [USER=ā€œ28980ā€]Ali Akbar[/USER]

Thank you!

AMAZING!! Very good job.

amazing work.

I just want you to know you converted a person using unity.
They were worried about not having the prefab system that I guess comes stock there?

And now they are moving to unreal. Grats. Thatā€™s a badge of honor.

Btw, havenā€™t got to deep with it yet. But looks/works amazing with just basic stuff iā€™ve done so far so a great addition for everyone

Awsomeā€¦ Thank you for creating this and making it free. :slight_smile:

Epic should give you a grant to keep making tools like this. Well done!

For anyone who comes across this and who hasnā€™t looked at the authorā€™s Dungeon Architect yet, I highly recommend it!

Looks great!!!

Hey Ali Akbar great tool, after Dungeon Architect that I bought without even thinking, the tool that made me move from unity even if there is already that, guilty :P, canā€™t wait to see this on the marketplace even for a price, I imagine it will perfectly work with Dungeon Architect yes? I would also pay for integration with other different other marketplace environment themes like integrated already, I think you can sell something like this, have the plugin ready if you want it to be free and sell the ready made themes :), kind of feels wrong not to pay you for this great things, it realy takes time, I know that very well.

Thank you everyone for the kind words :slight_smile: Seeing you folks find this tool useful makes all the effort worthwhile

Uploaded a new version to the website (v1.0.4). Right now it has only the windows build. Iā€™ll upload Mac build later today

https://prefabricator.io

Version 1.0.4

• Fixed a mobility bug with prefabs
  • Added whitelist platforms to the plugin descriptor as per the marketplace requirements
  • Added categories to all blueprint UFUNCTIONs so it doesnā€™t cause compile errors on engine source builds (thanks Lukasz ā€œinisideā€ Baran)
  • Added authors page
  • Added undo transaction on prefab creation

Version 1.0.3

• Added whitelist platforms to the plugin descriptor as per the marketplace requirements

Version 1.0.2

• Added Marketplace url in the plugin descriptor file
  • Updated the year to 2019 in copyright header of the C++ files as per the marketplace guidelines

Thanks very much, especially for giving this away for free! It looks really interesting but Iā€™m curious what the benefits are of using prefabs instead of blueprints construction script?

Uploaded Mac version of 1.0.4 on the website

It will support from 4.21 onward. There are a few things I need exposed from the content browser module that 4.19 doesnā€™t have

Yes they are marketplace assets.

Iā€™ve updated the video description with the art asset credits

Sure. Prefab randomziations will DA will work great, Iā€™ll have more info soon

This is simply awesome! Can i put individual interactable actors inside prefabs? like health potions in shelves and such, then be able to actually interact with my actor?