Power Of 2 Does not work

Summary

Hey. So with the latest update, we cant launch sessions if any texture does not have power of two. But even when I import new sizes (512x512) or 1024x512, it still gives power of 2 error?

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

importing a png file that is 1024x512, it still gives errors as needing power of 2.

Expected Result

importing a png file that is 1024x512, it still gives errors as needing power of 2.

Observed Result

Platform(s)

PC

It says in the docs that 512x512 or 1024x512 is allowed, but both still gives me power of 2 error.

Noticed in the update notes, right clicking on the texture thumbnail and selecting Conform Texture is meant to automatically conform the texture. Does that do anything ?

hi @KZRKevzter ,

From the release notes is the statement

UEFN offers a built-in way to make your texture sizes conform to UEFN requirements automatically. To do this:

1. In the Content Browser, select one or more invalid textures.
  2. Right-click a texture thumbnail and choose Conform Texture from the menu.

The newly updated page for 31.20 is
Resizing Textures | Unreal Editor for Fortnite Documentation

Resize option A

On the project that I am working on. I used the Conform Texture fix and it works

AssetCheck: Error: /HandsApart/Quests/expQUEST_BORDER   The height and width of this texture both need to be a power of 2 (for example, 128x256 or 512x1024) so that the texture can support streaming.
  Its current size is 1920x1080. Adjust the source image so that both height and width are powers of two and reimport the asset.
  To fix this automatically, right-click the asset and choose 'Conform Texture', or click 'Fix' below. (ValkyrieValidator_Textures) Fix: /HandsApart/Quests/expQUEST_BORDER
AssetCheck: Warning: Click here for more information regarding texture requirements

For the first time now get project size in editor screen

1 Like

The team is taking a look—thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

Hey @KZRKevzter - Could I get your project ID or your logs?

Ping @KZRKevzter :slight_smile:

hi @KZRKevzter ,
@Hardcawcanary and myself @Jimbohalo10 have found a way to make random textures sizes into Power Of 2, before getting problems manually.
For Nvidia Graphics Cards GPUs there are huge gains in performance for Power Of 2 values like

256 Power Of 2 = 65536 = 1 x GPU core also known as sqr(256)

How to create Power of 2 sizes for Textures

hi @KZRKevzter ,
Bug Report in a Documentation entered

Document Resizing Textures contains error 512 is not a Power Of 2