[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON and Parse REST API manager at once (VaRest)

Hallo, I need to define header parameter or my get request to a client’s webserver. How do I do that? Can’t get the “Set Header” node to do anything useful. Tryig to construct a Json request but how do I feed it into the call URL node?

Hi VKleilnMP

I already experienced about this before.

For using method CallURL, I saw nothing to set Headers in there.
I tried another option is using method Process URL.
When using VaRest subsystem, you could setting json request and headers, then using function Process URL.

For catch response, please attach binding event on complete and on fail too.

Good luck to you!

Hi is this project maintained. No has responded to git issues for feature request. I was looking for multi-part form data support in Rest APIs

Hi! Did you solve this set header problem?

Could someone guide me to set this up? I’m not a web developer and have no clue how to set up the server side of things.

I think this plugin is going to be very useful for me. What would help, though, are some more complete comments for the code. The function declaration comments in particular are kind of circular. I’m having a hard time figuring out which functions I need.

How can I disable the logging for each responses?

I’m trying to load a file from a Quest 2 headset. In this case, I created a folder on the Quest headset base directory and put my assets in there. Example, a config file or a texture.

This works on development builds but not shipping builds.

Hi great plugin but im getting this error in compile:

UATHelper: Packaging (Mac): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘VaRest’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in VaRest.build.cs to override.
PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘VaRest’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in VaRest.build.cs to override.

how can this be fixed?
thank you

1 Like

I am using Varest on android to make a small request of 100kb, after 5 or 6 requests the phone and app crash, the app does not close, it just restarts, I have no idea where to start with this problem. I found that the request is cumulative and is not removed when the containing widget is deleted, it only resets when the entire map is reset

Hi, do you have fixed?

이거
I’d like to post it in the json format above.

BUT
ue5
Like this, playerData: [
{}
]
Enter the list form. How do I solve this?
And im blueprint

1 Like

Hi there,

I am using the VaRest plugin in the Unreal 5.1 engine and recently have issues with packaging my Linux package of my game. I get the error

Missing precompiled manifest for 'VaRest', ...\UE_5.1\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\VaRestPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Linux\B4D820EA\UnrealGame\Development\VaRest\VaRest.precompiled'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in VaRest.build.cs to override. If part of a plugin, also check if its 'Type' is correct.

When checking the folder

..\UE_5.1\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\VaRestPlugin\Intermediate\Build\
I can see that all platforms have a folder there, except for Linux. Could it be that Linux was not packaged into the latest release of the VaRest plugin package when you released it? Is this on purpose? On the plugin marketplace page it says supported platform includes Linux.

Could you please repackage the plugin to also include Linux support or let me know if you dropped the support.

Thanks in advance.

Thoran

1 Like

Thankyou very much for your plugin, it’s very useful. Any plans for implementing SSE ?

I used VaRest plugin 2 month ago and worked like it needed. But now after 2 month it gives error and I can’t find solution.

Where can I find demos / examples / dokumentation?

@ [Gradedas]
In my usage I do not use “Apply URL” but the “Call URL” node. However I did not yet use it with a header. Still you might want to try it.

Where can I find demos / examples / dokumentation?

You might want to check the author’s wiki at VaRest Wiki

Question here:

Is this compatible with File Helper? If so how can I make the Json from the Api update the Data Tables, since you are suppose to make Data Tables from Jsons with File Helper

Edit: Just found out that → Json can be transform to String and String to CSV and CSV to Data Table, just need to figure out how to properly make the string go to a CSV file.

I have made a ChatBot for the MetaHuman.

How and where I can implement Rest API, so that I can send a message and get a reply to it, on to the ChatBot.

I have also tried using this Plugin. But I couldn’t find the exact solution.

It will be an immense help if it is resolved. Thank You.

(I have been using Google Assistant as a source, it is working fine. But now i wanted to add Rest API)