[Plugin] Http/s REST, blueprintable JSON and Parse REST API manager at once (VaRest)

I reply to my own message in case someone else get stuck like me.

The solution was avoiding the « call URL » node because it’s supposedly broken. It’s been recommended to use « apply URL » or « process URL » instead. I tried this and it works as intended.

2 Likes

(Resolved!)Hi, I am using varest to perform a save function. I am using Unreal 4.23 and varest r26. I encode the JSON file by varest with an array of the JSON objects.
I encode the JSON in this way but I cannot retrieve the JSON and convert back and restore to unreal. Anyone can help me?

Hello everyone.
I am trying to get a grasp on this plugin recently.

[[“3”,“11815”],[“1”,“4855”],[“2”,“1940”],[“4”,“0”]]
I am getting this response from my php script
The first one is a username and the second one is the score.

How can I decode this JSON and use the values in Unreal.
Thanks in advance.

P.S: I am using UE 4.25.4

Hello all,
I would like some help on how would I use VaRest to get a float value from Unreal into a webserver? I have never used VaRest before and I am sort of new to Blueprints as well. Thank you in advance.

hi. im quite new to this plugin and how it fully functions, but i saw the VaRest Settings node. does anyone know how it works and what it does?

Hi xCANAdan,

We use it for making REST api calls to our login server, as well as interfacing to our analytics server.

hi guys, is there any documentation about how to update the DB data, for example, i would like to update the character coins everytime it finishes a match?

Hello, will there be a version for Unreal Engine 5.1?thx

Hello,

I am looking for the right method to spawn an actor based on an arrey field in a json object.
Suppose that you have on cube in the scene with one text render component attached to it.
On a press btton event, I want to spawn the cube and change the TextRender with the string contained in the array field.

Let me describe the context :

1. I am calling an URL to dynamically change a text render of a blueprint composed of a cube static mesh and two text render. It’s called BP_Piece.

2.I have my blueprint set up and working for one BP_Piece in that BP_Piece appears with two texts just above it.

My JSON file contains several objects in it.
Based on the number of objects, I would like to spawn BP_Piece actor and set the text to the next object in the list.

So for example, that function would spawn BP_Piece and fill the text render actor with the data coming from my json request.
The output would be :

BP_Piece Name1 Surname1
BP_Piece Name2 Surname2
BP_Piece Name3 Surname3

And so on.

I already have a function for calling the API withand setting the text. What I want is to kind of parse the JSON file for objects in it, get the needed fields, set the the text and spawn BP_Piece.

How you go about doing that ?
Hope I am comprehensive.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I have compiled a 4.26.2 version of unreal engine from github, but I can’t use the plugin, I don’t know how to do it

I can’t set headers, nothing is added when I look at the requests. Am I missing or doing something wrong here?

Hi there, do you have a general timeline for when the marketplace plugin will be compatible with UE5?

I understand there is a version compatible with the EA branch here but not sure if that will work fully with the new UE5 release?

Thanks.

Hey when executing the packaged project under the release version of ue5, I get this error message,
Do you know how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance,

Hi everyone!

how can I load a JSON from file in the construction script rather than in the event script?
is that even possible?

thank you!

Paul

you need to compile it from visual studio

How to use Set Header from Varest plugin?

I don’t know how to insert x-api-key to Varest?

Did you found solution?

Hi I have a little problem I would like to read this json and represent it ingame

https://api.thingspeak.com/channels/1753049/fields/2.json?api_key=LGN6UJLTTYJ382L8&results=1

I managed to make it write into the variable text using this code :slight_smile:

But how I do to make it updated every now and then to update the values?

also how can I do to display the possible view of the graphic stats like this?

https://thingspeak.com/channels/1753049/charts/1?bgcolor=%23ffffff&color=%23d62020&dynamic=true&results=60&type=line&update=15

This plugin is awesome, one quick question, would it work if we package to HTML5? Because that would be amazing.

i wish if i can use it into html5 . .