Players complaining about Polygon Explosions/Artifacts

Hi, I built a demo for oculus share. It works fine in my computer and some others I tested. Several users that downloaded from Oculus Share are reporting Polygon Explosions or Artifacts. One of them mentioned having a R290x/Windows 8.1 setup.

Is it related to some medium to high poly meshes overlapping BSPs?
Is it lightning?

This is urgent, I want to fix before getting bad reviews!!

Thanks in advance

Ok. One of the guys that downloaded my demo and had this issue was very helpful and sent me some screenshots. The 3 guys that reported the issue have ATI cards: R9 270x, R9 280x and R9 290x. It seems to be related to that chip. Please help! Is there even something that can be done or is it really a problem with the ATI cards?

Maybe with this video kindly sent by of one of the guys that is playing my game somebody can answer this benvasa Instant Replay 1 - YouTube

Hello BaalMoloch,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved?
  4. Could you provide a zipped down version of your project so that I can test this issue out on our end (You can send a private message to me on the forums and you can send the project via dropbox or google drive)?
  5. Could you provide the dxdiags of the systems that are having these issues?
  6. Could you provide the oculus runtimes that are being used on the systems that are experiencing these issues?

Thanks for you answer Rudy, I cannot reproduce this issue in any of my computers and I think it is because it is related to ATI R9 200x series. I uploaded my demo to oculus share after exhaustive testing. I never got this issue. At least four end users that downloaded the demo from oculus reported the issue, one of them sent me the screenshots and the video.

Please download the demo from http://share.oculus.com/app/beneath-the-valley-of-kings. If you have a test setup with a Radeon 270x, 280x or 290x that would be the perfect test.

Hello BaalMoloch,

The link that was provided appears to be the packaged product. I should have been more clear. I was requesting the Unreal Engine project that was used to make the demo. Would it be possible to get a simplified version of the project that still produces the error?

Hello BaalMoloch,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.