Player Data Randomly Resetting

Summary

Recently, I started receiving reports from players that all their saved data is being randomly reset. This affects both Verse persistence data and Save Point device data.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

Join the island and play normally with existing saved data.

1-The player randomly freezes during the session.

2-The player leaves the island and rejoins.

3-After rejoining, all saved data is reset.

Expected Result

The player’s Verse persistence and Save Point device data should remain saved after leaving and rejoining the island.

Observed Result

After the player freezes, leaves, and rejoins, all their data is reset, including both Verse persistence data and Save Point device data.

Platform(s)

all

Island Code

7314-4269-5911

Upload an image

Additional Notes

The issue appears to happen randomly.

It affects multiple saving systems at the same time.

The affected player provided a video clip showing the issue.

I am currently unable to reproduce it.

2 Likes

FORT-1145748’s status has changed to ‘Ready for QA’. A member of the QA department is investigating the issue.

more info about this:
Save point data loads correctly after the player enters a new session..

in the other hand Verse persistence data are completely wiped out..

this affected same players multiple times..

from what the effected players said.. it happens when you join a friend game too

not sure what exactly triggers it..

but it’s completly broken it resets everything in verse.. even items bought in iit

Additional information:

The player inventory and inventory only returns after leaving and rejoining the game again, but kills and other stats didn’t reset

So my money keeps getting restarted and idk if it’s a adim or a bug but I had 135m and when I was fighting it took 130m away and then it gave it back and then took it away like 5 times so I left then I joined a new game and I had my money then it happened again but took 135m and left me with 400k and every time I left it gave back then took so I just got off.