PerceptionNeuron Unreal4 plugin

@, thanks for the reply. I sent you a personal message with my email.

Hi,Enter Reality
I tried the plugin working for 4.12 by using BVH asset, and it worked properly. I don’t know if you used network data source and it didn’t work properly. Have you Tried the BVH asset?

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

My main issue is that, if I try to copy the plugin folder on a project which is created with 4.12 I have an error and it say that this plugin is not built for this version or something like that, so I guess that it needs to be compiled for 4.12 which I have no idea how to do that :smiley:

And yes, I’m using network data streaming to UE4, but since I’m on 4.12 I can’t use the plugin.

If you can create a 4.12 version of the plugin it would be great

Thanks in advance

Hi,Enter Reality
Are you sure you’re using version 4.12 attach to the svn link?

Ehm…I’m so sorry, I didn’t notice that 4.12 was already there :smiley:

Terribly sorry about that, thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Retargeting problem

I use Daz character to make realtime animation in UE4 with PN, and make the retargeting work,but the mesh looks stretch when i use the bvh file to drive the mesh,i don’t know why this happen

Hello kylin-ke,

I’ve removed the image from your post due to our Code of Conduct about nudity. If you would like reupload the picture for an example, please include black bars or some sort of censorship for the appropriate parts of the model.

For future reference, here is our Code of Conduct

Hello! I got several issues and maybe someone could help me here.
I cannot compile the project. I use just the starter blank project to test if everything works, but still I have no progress. Every time I launch exe file it results in a message: "Failed to open descriptor file ‘…/…/MyProject-Win64-Shipping/MyProject-Win64-Shipping.uproject’ The project packages fine in case the plugin is unplugged - but this is not the solution.
I also checked the log and the only warning it has is: " LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object ‘Class None.’ ".

How would I go about overriding bones? I’m trying to combine the Neuron with the Oculus Rift and the Neuron head tracking isn’t nearly as fast as the Oculus (so I can’t attach the camera to the head socket). What I’d like to do is drive all the limbs using the Neuron, the control the head socket and body position with the HMD position.

Hi!
I have a problem with arms animation. I use the character model from started animation pack and the blue one form the demo project. All the bones retargeted correctly except for the arms ones. I checked the alligment of the axis and while they don’t match the default orientation, they match the blue character. Any suggestions what seems to be the problem?
http://s020.radikal.ru/i720/1608/7c/cc1628577dc5t.jpg

That is due to the fact that the Mannequin is not in T-Pose and looks like you have Displacement enabled, that’s why the blue dude has intersecting geometry and looks weird.

I suggest to disable Displacement and create ( in Maya using ART or in another software ) a version of the Mannequin in T-Pose, so that the joints will align properly

Could you tell where the displacement settings is?
Also, is it possible to refit the mannequin right in the UE? I just have the assets for UE and don’t know how to export them to Maya of 3ds max :frowning:

Hey, has anyone managed to get the 4.13 plugin working? I tried this past week and could not get the plugin working. I tried getting the plugin from SVN and it did not work, and when I switched the project to have C++ code it would try and recompile the plugin, but it would fail. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi! I found out about Perception last night and was very excited to read about this plugin!
I originally discovered it while looking for a way to import bvh data to UE, but I’ll probably be getting a couple of kits now. I was wondering about this sentence in the intro; “Multiple server. PerceptionNeuronPlugin supports multiple server transmit bvh data to Unreal at the same time and one single server transmit bvh data of multiple roles to Unreal.”

Does this mean you can track more than one kit at the same time? Does it also work with the real time tracking? I’m aiming to use this to have one or two people interacting with a VR player

Hello everyone, great plugin!
I encountered a problem, I use cartoon characters, it runs limbs stretched relatively large.
There are ways to correct it?
59A21P~WN98M0}5`LMOR0FB.png7Z3Z9V(42{HCGKYV0ZDVI{C.pngFGL0HYKD9D%KOISV@UP8XPT.png

Have the same issue. Unable to get 4.13 plugin to work.

Does anyone seem to be having problems with streaming with the 4.12 plugin? The spawner doesn’t seem to spawn any blueprint i put into it.

I’m having the same problem as Alanturing. Plugin is not working with 4.13.1 (or 4.13) and recompiling is not fixing it.

Same problem as wsmeador and Alanturing, doesn’t work with 4.13.1, is there any ETA on the fix?

Same here, an update on the plugin will be great :wink: