PerceptionNeuron Unreal4 plugin

Thank you very much for your feedback! I’m going to find out the reason for this problem, please wait for my good news.

Ok thanks Weibo.
I’ve also sent a mail to Axis team to see if they have any plan to provide a back channel to axis neuron for this in case it helps.

You are welcome!

There is a linkage error test results using ShooterGame project.
The plug-in was used in the R28 version of SVN.
Unreal engine to target the launcher version 4.11.2 was operating normally.
But Github 4.11.2 full version of the source to the target engine setting for “The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronRuntime.dll and UE4Editor-PerceptionNeuronEditor.dll” message was output.

The version number of the source version is not the same as the prebuild version.
You should change the the file at path “SourceRoot\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h” with “EngineInstallPath\4.11\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Resources\Version.h”, and then rebuild the source.
That would eliminate the error prompt.

Hey Weibo,

That seem to have fixed the issue! Thank you very much!

Did someone succesfully get the mocap streaming working on Android?

I build the package for it, but looks like Axis player do not stream the mocap data to Android and I can’t figure out why is not working, while on the video from Wei Bo looks like its working properly…

Any help is highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi Enter Reality,
I’ve been very busy recently, forgive me for not to reply in time.
Have you solved the problem? If not, please send me your log file.

Solved and its great!
I was wondering about the possibility to use the Shutter as a gun or something like that by using its buttons, if you can share something about that it would be great!

With Heiko Fink’s plugin, it is possible to record/create animation assets within Unreal. Is there any way to do that with this plugin?

Hi MattMerrill,
Axis can help you record the animation data, and then save all animation data to *.bvh file.
The plugin supports importing *.bvh file and then driving the actor.
So you do not need to record animation data in Unreal.
At present, this approach is the Noitom official practice.

Weibo,
I have tried this method, but I’ve found it somewhat limiting. I am using Unreal primarily for animating, using matinee. However, as far as I can tell, there is no easy way to call a bvh file from matinee, and no way to preview a bvh file in matinee. I imagine there is probably a way to trigger a bvh from the level blueprint, but that still doesn’t solve the previewing problem, which would require me to guess and check the timing of my animation, which gets old fast. If you know of a way to preview bvh files through matinee, I would be happy to hear it.
The other issue I’ve run into, is that there doesn’t seem to be any way to make adjustments to a bvh animation. With standard animation assets in Unreal, I can save a copy and then add keyframes in case I need to fix a messed up finger or keep an arm from going through a character’s body, etc. But I see no way to do this with a bvh. Again, if you know of a way to make adjustments to a bvh animation, I would be extremely grateful to hear it.

I guess as a follow-up suggestion/question, if I could just get an fbx animation file from Axis into Unreal, I think that would solve all my problems. From there I could retarget and tweak to my heart’s desire and preview in matinee. The only problem is, I don’t have a matching skeleton in Unreal to pare with the animation coming from Axis, so import always fails. I thought for sure the Avatar character in the demo file would match with the exported skeleton from Axis, but even that one gives me an error. Is there any way to adjust the skeleton hierarchy from within Axis, so that it will match a character in Unreal? And if not, do you think Perception Neuron could possibly provide a skeletal mesh with the same hierarchy as the Axis skeleton so that we could successfully import fbx files to Unreal??

Thanks in advance!

The 4.9 folder is empty, can you give me a link to the 4.9 plugin?

Cheers

Hey Weibo, any luck on network issue I had found?

Does it matter the amount of Neurons because I only have 11… Also is it possible to customize the Neurons in any set up, for example:
Only Upper Body, Only Legs, Only Arm and Fingers
Thanks

With the latest version of the software some settings have changed and I’m not able to stream anymore.
@Weibo did you tested the latest version and found if its possible to stream or if something is messed up?

I get a compatibility error when try to open a project for UE 4.12, could you please update the plugin?

Hi,MattMerrill.
I’m , the student of Weibo. He is very busy recently. So, if you don’t mind, I would answer your questions this time.
First, We will revise and solve the two limits you have mentioned in the next version.
Then if you want the fbx file, please leave your email here, and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Hi, ImperiumPandemonium.
I’m , the student of Weibo. He is very busy recently. So, if you don’t mind, I would answer your questions this time.
If possible, would you mind tell me why you insist to use version 4.9, this version is obviously outdated.

@ It would be great to have the plugin working for 4.12
Also can you please test the plugin with the new version of Axis? Latest one is “Axis_Neuron_x64_3_7_42_5837_20160621152704519000”, I tested it but looks like that the streaming to UE4 doesn’t work properly.