Path Follow plugin

Hi Jiri,
Thanks for updating it to 4.17!

However there seems to be an issue, the rotation points on the PFPATH no longer show in the detail panel so there’s no way to set custom rotation which is a feature that we used a lot.

Best,

Hey Jiri,
Theres a bug in the 4.18 version where binding events in blueprint to onpointreached deletes the events in the follower component. they can be set again but its annoying repeating it a bunch of times.

Hi,
We’re trying to develop a “simple” traffic simulation where one vehicle slowing down will cause the vehicles behind it on the same path to also slow down. The vehicles need to have some awareness of other vehicles on the same path. As a vehicle approaches another, slower vehicle on the same path, it should adjust its speed.
Is that something we might be able to do with Path Follow?
Thanks!
-Donald Newlands

is here anything from Author since 2016? Twitter posts are old too…

My car drives sidewards … :open_mouth: can someone tell me how to fix it, that he is driving correct? :slight_smile:

Hi, we want to buy this Plugin for our Archviz scene but need some clarification if possible. We have setup a scene with a boat in the sea. The user is able to walk on the exterior of the boat then the user will trigger an event on end of boat and be taken a distance away from the boat and have a fly around to see what the boat looks like from a distance. While the user is moving around the boat they will be able to move their view with WASD keys to look around while they are moving around the boat from a distance. Can your plugin do this?
This project will be packaged as an HTML project.

Please can you let us know soonest as we need to buy this today, Thanks.

Does anyone know if there are plans to update to 4.19? And if so any kind of time frame?

Just plugging through a project which this would be super helpful for… but I’ve already started it in 4.19 and patching the 4.18 version doesn’t give me any love! :slight_smile:

Upgrading to 4.19 would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Extra Thanks for the 4.19 update! :wink:

I’m a noob to UE4 but this seems like the perfect tool for the project I want to make. I’m not sure how to do what I’m trying to do and was hoping someone could explain the general concepts to me. I kind of understand blueprints but am not totally sure which blueprints to use for each goal. I can use the tool to make a path, set speed and event points, and attach a follower to the path, which all works great; but, here’s what I want to do:

1. I want to have paths along roads in a town, which will spawn random actors from an array, travel along, and destruct on exit or loop back to the beginning.
  2. I want to spawn random collision boxes, speed points, or event points along the spline that will make the vehicles swerve a little, slow down, speed up, and behave erratically.
  3. I want to create traffic lights that will stop/start traffic.
  4. I want the cars to simulate physics in order to have crashes with the player but not major accidents with other traffic vehicles.

I tried to create an abstract actor, which would randomly spawn child actors to get different vehicles; but, I have been unsuccessful at having the spawning actor or child actors to move along the path. The spawning on can attach to the path but I can’t get anything to move.

I really appreciate any help, either help to conceptualize how to do this or detailed help on parts of it.

Thank you in advance

4.20 Update will be released?

Hi,
My car follow myPFfollower, its ok no problem. But I want to my camera follow to car? How can I do this? Which way to use?

Hello, any chance to get it soon for 4.21 ? we are really expecting it for our project. Thank you for en ETA.

need the 4.21 version, too !

Simple 4.21 support is one thing, the other thing is it’ll actually work as intended in the core, much has changed since 2015. I’m considering purchasing, any sort of status update would be welcome. It would be unfortunate if such things go dead without any alternatives.

Every release is tested using PathFollowExamples project. All examples there needs to work. So right now there are no updates. No bugfixes, no new features but everything works in 4.21 as expected.

Apologies if this isn’t the place to ask, but how does the BP_Plane follow work? I’ve used it to get the result I want, an object following a path. But when I don’t use it, say take a mesh and add the path follow to it, I cannot get the object to orient correctly.

I.E., in the plane example, the plane would be moving sideways.

Hi, i am having a problem porting a project of mine from 4.21 to 4.22.1 i had to deinstall your plugin to get it to work correctly. Any idea what this might be ?
all other plugins are working as they should …
kind regards
stucki

here is the crash report
Unhandled exception

VCRUNTIME140
UE4Editor_PathFollow!FInterpCurveVector::operator=()
UE4Editor_PathFollow!UPFPathFollowerComponent::FPathFollowerInstanceData::ApplyToComponent() [d:\build++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\pathfollow\source\pathfollow\components\pfpathfollowercomponent.cpp:1208]
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

As many of you reported the plugin 4.22 version has crash in ApplyToComponent() method. I’m sorry for any inconvenience. Hotfix is on its way and will be submitted today. Will update you once it’s live;)

Any news to when it will be online