Paragon Character Meshes

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Is the plan to distribute it with the Content Examples project?

Are they included in the 4.15 release? Couldn’t find anything.

How are the examples coming along? Any ETA yet?

Maybe they will be part of what they are going to show at GDC. Hopefully after that we’ll know more.

That would be wonderful :smiley:

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]: Any update on when we finally get a proper example plus documentation?

@The_Distiller Yes! So sorry about this, it keeps getting held up for various reasons at different points in the pipeline. Long story short is that I just got word that this is going out asap.

Short story long is that they kept adding more improvements and cleanup passes on it, so it took a while longer because they wanted to do it right. Now we’re done and just having to run a couple of checks to make sure that nothing is rendering oddly. They really want this one to be a massive improvement on the last example and not just a small update.

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION]: That’s fantastic news. Thanks for the detailed update!

I’m really interested on the Material setup. Backlit doesn’t seem to have *any *effect in the Hair Shading Model.
I hope we get a full documentation of the shading models, too. Fuzz Colour for example isn’t self-explanatory.

Is the example material being remade or something?!
I mean, if only for the meshes then it wouldn’t take sooo long, I guess…

Nice to hear.

How are the examples going to be distributed?

Cheers

They usually publish stuff in the “Content Examples” pack, downloadable from the Launcher.

Yeah, you’re right. My question actually was whether they will publish this in a separate package or within the Content Examples. ( [MENTION=8] [/MENTION] )

It will be on the Learn tab as a standalone project. Looks like it’s not long out from being pushed live as well.

Great news. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Any ETA? Really excited to check this stuff out :slight_smile:

hehe, this thread if the equivalent of:
Soon™

Maybe, maybe in a future mod section into the Unreal Engine launcher???

It’s supposed to appear in the Learn Tab in the launcher, regarding to :

Nice. So it will gradually become something similar to UTGame 3 shipped with UDK previously used as a learning framework (resource) in the practice of how to develop a complete game within the highest standards?

I hope C++ to be exposed using blueprints nodes only. All about Blueprints with no any external applications. I think would be terrible external applications like compilers and C++ code for a good and specific Unreal Engine 4 learning process.