Paragon Character Meshes

It won’t be that much stuff. It’s just not going to be included with other content, so it’s a stand-alone project. It’ll literally just be a level with a Twinblast-esque head mesh in it and some notes.

Will it go live this week?

It’s looking like it may be next week. It’s down to a series of people giving it the thumbs up.

Great News!!!

OH Sad. :frowning:

But anyway thanks Epic team for the excellent work and learning resource. :slight_smile:

Aaaaaaaaaand it’s live!

Thanks for hanging in with us :smiley:

OMG!

Thank you!

Cool! downloading it

This is just outstanding… Documentation is EXCELLENT… Keep it up!

Many thanks , this will help our group immensely!!!

Thank you very much! Especially for the detailed documentation, exactly what I hoped to see.

[MENTION=8] [/MENTION] The separate mesh for the eye mentioned in the documentation seems to be missing from the project.

Thanks for catching that. I’m following up on it.

This has been fixed now. If you re-download the project, the eye asset is now included.

Cheers

Whoo! , you rock, thanks for catching and fixing it buddy :smiley:

Thanks.

It would be a tiny bit better to work with if the eye model wasn’t already rotated though.

Do human eyes point slightly outwards? I did not know that.

The human eye does not always point visually 100% parallel during motion or at certain focus points, there is a slight deviation depending where you are looking and how far, sometimes it is very slightly cross eyed and sometimes each eye would seem to be looking outward away at different areas, and sometimes this is not visible in motion but rather during stills, which is why a single frame photograph of a face in motion can sometimes have undesirable effects due to the eyes re-adjusting at that particular frame while if you see it in motion it would look fine. This is not always the case though and the amount of deviation can be caused by many factors including age, muscle dysfunction, trauma, it is known as Exophoria. In default rig pose however it is generally a good practice to keep it parallel in order to setup the controls properly. I don’t see why this should be of any trouble to you, since if you are going to use this eye from this particular model sample, most likely you will be needing to take the eyeball out and re-position it in your custom rig however you like, and that would mean to rotate it and scale it as necessary.

really wish theyd just allow us to play with the actual character models with the engine ya know? :frowning: sighs.