Origin Shifting & BP_OceanWater

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could help me.

I have a project with World Composition enabled, so that I can utilize origin shifting.

In my project, I have an island surrounded by an ocean (BP_OceanWater) from the free ue4 waterplane example package (found under the “Learn” tab in the Epic Games Launcher). In my game, an airplane takes off from the island, does a circle, and comes back to the island. I’m using Origin Shifting to prevent the airplane from getting shaky when it flies too far from the origin.

The problem I am currently having has to do with the BP_OceanWater that’s part of the WaterPlane ue4 example. It appears that whenever the airplane gets far enough for the origin to be “rebased”, the water texture gets recalculated and re-tiled with a new arrangement. This breaks immersion. I’ve read somewhere about adding the offset value from origin rebasing to the Absolute World Position node inside of the ocean material. I have no idea how to do that though.

I’ve tried the following:

1. Make the material relative to camera-- stops the retiling but ruins a sense of movement because everything moves along with the camera.
  2. Check off “ignore origin rebasing”: Doesn’t seem to have any effect.

To replicate this issue, do the following:

1. Enable World Composition

2. Enable World Origin Rebasing

3. Optional: Create a small landscape

4. Optional: Use “Noise” with “Noise Mode” set to “Raise” to quickly create a little island. Use that randomly on your landscape.

5. Drop BP_OceanWater onto your level, and stretch it to, for example, 20 km by 20 km.

6. Play In Editor and move yourself away from the island. Watch the water as you move, and wait for the game to rebase you as you move away. You should see the water “retile”.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thank you!

-Adam

Hello! Can you fix this?