Online ServerList, ServerLobby, Match

Hi guys, I want to have the online part of my game set up in a specific way. I need to have the players host a server and while waiting for players to join they sit in a lobby where they can chat and change parameters for the match, such as: map, game time, which team to join, teams available, etc.

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around the FPS example but the problem is theres so much to learn and i dont think its going to help as the way its setup doesn’t allow the players to do what it want.

So my question is: In terms of what classes do what and where certain things are called from what would be the general call flow of functions i don’t need too much detail just a general point in the right direction, a bit more specific than the FPS example.

I hope someone understands what i would like to do, Thanks.

does anyone have any ideas? ive been going through the first person shooter code but it’s not helping me to understand how it all works and i cant find any explanation on the documentation site

I was watching This UE4 Twitch broadcast about blueprint networking where one of the programmers mentions how the game instance is used in networking in the FPS sample project. Also later on in the video, during the Q&A, there is a question about making a multiplayer lobby.

23:00 - Game instance reference

48:30 - Lobby question

I feel that this information combined with the FPS sample is enough to get me going. I shall report back with more information once i have this working for anyone else who wants to know how to do this.