Oculus Quest hands appear in editor but not in package game

Hello, I’m using UE 5.0.3 hand tracking that works in Editor but not in package.
I am connected via AirLink/Link Cable and also, in the Oculus Home hands are missing too.
Developer Runtime Features are enabled in Settings.

What am I missing here?

Hi Adrian,

2 quick checks: Do you have the Oculus VR plugin enabled? and in Project Settings → OculusVR is ‘Hand Tracking Support’ set to Hands or Controllers and Hands?

Yes and yes.
Everything works in Editor but in package I can only see the hand menus when I rotate the palms.

Thanks for checking,

I just realized that what you’re wanting to do is to have a PCVR experience with hand tracking. (as opposed to deploying to Quest)

I think this is still not possible (even with the new Oculus settings) but am unsure as to the exact reason why.

Doing a search for info I see you’ve already posted in this thread a month ago. (Note to update both threads if solution is found)

Moving this post to the XR section for more visibility.

1 Like

I suspect that the Oculus plugin disables developer-only features in packaged builds. They seem to be doing the same thing for Unity as well.

1 Like

Hello everyone, this is possible with UE 5.3.2 using the Unreal MetaXR Plugin 59.0.
Have tested with Build using Link Cable and also AirLink.
This is great!
//
I have experimenting deploying Android_ASTC to Quest but same old behavior occurs, hands are not showing up, only controllers.
Has anyone successfully deployed a standalone app on Quest that has hands showing up?
Thanks!