NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

“warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type”, and "error x3000: unrecognized identifier ‘FVertexFactoryInterpolantsVSToDS’ "

It seems the problem still happens in the newest 4.8_NVIDIA_Techs branch. Is it caused by the branch merging?

Under what circumstance do you see these errors, as I dont see them.

I get it when I try enabling tessallation on a material.

The fix is provided in thread, go back a page or two, Unfortunately I have not had time to patch up my 4.8 branch to include it.

That does indeed fix it, I searched for the error message but somehow missed it. Thanks again for your efforts and patience .

Hairworks doesn’t work in VR :frowning: By doesn’t work I mean it renders in one eye and moves when you look around.

Opened another pull request to sort problem out! :slight_smile:

P.S Everyone I am back from holiday! :slight_smile:

Welcome back :slight_smile:

clean branch need please

I apologize if is common knowledge. . .but what repo should we pull from for the NVidia GameWorks features?

Are these features already in UE 4.8:

https://github/EpicGames/UnrealEngine

The NVidia branch appears to be waaay back in commits. 9,424 commits behind Epic::Release, and 15,690 commits behind Epic::.

Am I doing something wrong?

It looks like the NVidia branch is at UE 4.7. Is that correct?

That is correct. branch is on 4.8 with all gameworks features. Which you can find
https://github//UnrealEngine/tree/4.8_NVIDIA_Techs

Please explain what you mean

download and compile is the problem d3d11.dll
package not compile
hairworks fix etc
I missed some fixes
clean branch need… download compile and work,not need fix.

The branch works fine, so is an at your end, since you havent shown any error messages or really explained the error well enough, I can’t help.

downloading again. and will compile again.
I will look works package and gameworks
and turn to you

Is there an ETA for buy buoyancy for Waveworks? (Boat, or something similiar)

Coming from a film/vfx background… What would be is if waveworks was able to switch to doing a flex fluid sim around the player, using the waveworks surface as a base to advect the flex particles - to keep the shape of the wave. And then blend that flex fluid back in in with the waveworks surface a certain distance away. Then you could have massive ocean interacting with the player and your boat could be a rigid body body flex object that would already have a buoyancy option :slight_smile: consider that a request :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the builds ! they work great :slight_smile:

Just a quick question. Is every gameworks going to be implemented? Also how difficult is implementing? Cause I got loads of free time and need a project.

Hello, guys.

I’ve just gotten a 980Ti myself and opened a VXGI project I have to see the performance improvement. Check it out:

GTX 780 (~9fps)

&stc=1

GTX 980Ti (~30fps)

&stc=1

Both tests with multibounces on, and the following setup:

&stc=1

In general, for non-VXGI stuff, the 980Ti gives me about 175% of the 780 performance.
With VXGI stuff, it’s 300% in case.

More info and images : https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?65067-Archinterior-conversion-(Evermotion)-VXGI-tests