NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

hi
i m very happy to see a Work-in-Progress: VXGI Multi-bounce! i want so much play with it hhehehehee
you have any idea when release??? weeks, months

That is looking great! Iā€™m really excited to see included in UE4 =)
How many bounces can you do?

I have a questionā€¦ Is there a merged branch with VXGI and HBAO+ available so far? I havenā€™t checked the thread in a while, but I checked the entire thread just now and the only merged branch I could find was the old one that made. Is there a newer build?

I really want to see the nvidia turbulence in ue4 .
And I need it to create many like in my game . :smiley:
[video]www.youtube/watch?v=RuZQpWo9Qhs[/video]

Welcoem back . It seems you didnā€™t see my question in last page I asked you: does the fluid include the goo fluid too besides water (which has different behaviour than water, kinda heavier, just like in the demo. In the fluid sample demo, I saw three types and colours for fluid interaction balls: blue for water, green for goo surely and orange. What do orange interaction balls represent and wil they be available with water and goo fluid shaders when they are done? Thanks !

Also looks completely wonderful and as expected. refractions seem nice. I hope indirect reflections are well handled too so we wonā€™t need SSR anymore. Does new iteration support recursive reflections?

Also where can I downlaod VXGI sample application? I am very excited :D. Thank you !

Hey , is there any ETA on +4.7.5?
Since Iā€™m not used to Github I have issues merging the changes, so Iā€™m kinda stuck with my project right nowā€¦(not that much of a deal, since I have exams anyways, but would be nice to get a rough idea when the update gonna be)

Greetings,

Personally Iā€™m in your camp - an early version would be appreciated, even if it still has problems. Iā€™ve been waiting for the water rendering (in whatever form) before checking out the FLeX repos.

Also, drool @ multi-bounce VXGI, it looks gorgeous. Do want.

I think release it early so people can get their hands on it. Just put a warning somewhere assets might need changing at a later point.

The goo and water use the same shader for rendering, at least they do in the Flex standalone demoā€™s, the only difference is the viscosity and the anisotropy of the particles. The orange interaction balls however, I believe the only orangy looking ones I saw were for sand, so I suspect thats what you are referring to, I believe said earlier that sand will come after fluid.

i smell HW coming to UE4. Nvidia just posted
https://www.facebook/NVIDIA/videos/vb.8409118252/10152925475813253/?type=2&theater xD

@do you have any plan for merging hw with others?

Well at the very least I will be making a 4.8 merge of VXGI and HW, just because they are the two I plan to use. After that I will make a full merge of as many as I can.

Oh yeah! mine too haha. Thank you.

Does that mean they are working on porting that refractive material to UE4? Looks like it would make an glass shader!!

Refractive materials are something that require a bigger change to the rendering system of the engine, which is something that Epic is working on.

Great news! I hope comes with the promised anisotropic shading very soon so we can use them all very well and VXGI and HairWorks will work fine then.

How does specular tracing work? Is it like SSR or can it reflect things that is not rendered in the view?

Would really like to see some examples of how it might look if someone would try it for me. Iā€™m mainly interested in the quality of the reflections.

Since the GI is already tracing bounces, it uses that for reflections. But the detail wonā€™t be as good as other reflection options since the quality is controlled by the voxel density.

Is there a way to open up projects worked on in 4.7.6 in the VXGI build (or move the VXGI build to 4.7.6)? Itā€™s only compiling the engine as 4.7.4 for me after merging the branches, and while it loads all the individual assets, the map file itself crashes the editor and I suspect itā€™s the version mismatch (happens when migrating the project to another machine with a clean 4.7.4 build as well).

I hope we wonā€™t see voxels in reflections: