NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

If Im not mistaken every GameWorks technology we got for free use so far is bound to Windows and only.

: Any progress or ETA for the boat sample?

Is Waveworks still available on the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine branch on Git? Canā€™t find it.

YESSSS!!!
Is there a possibilty that you could ā€œprereleaseā€ the shader so we can start playing with it?

Iā€™m goind to guess ā€œnoā€, simply because all of the gameworks branches released so far are prereleases for us to play with. Prereleasing a prerealease would be like launching H1Z1.

Fluid will come before sand. We have one guy working on the shaders, these things will be accomplished one at a time.

Itā€™s right . /tree/WaveWorks

No progress on the boat sample yet. Sorry about that, too many projects going on.

, is there an update coming for VXGI to 4.7.5 or higher?

Sort of. All of the UE4-GW integrations on Github are Windows-only, at least for now. FleX and WaveWorks donā€™t require, the versions available today in the NvPhysX/UnrealEngine.git use CUDA for the simulation, and RHI/ rendering because that is how UE4 works. We are working on DX Compute ports of both of these, to replace the CUDA simulation components. VXGI, HBAO+, HairWorks (soon) and (not so soon) TurfEffects will require compute shaders, as well as RHI/ rendering imposed by UE4 for PC.

ā€“

Sure, itā€™s coming.

any news on faceworks?

So in that case then. Is Flex compatible with almost all hardware? My hardware brain is falling behind but I heard something a while back suggesting that all is only supported by nVidia graphics cards? (is that the CUDA element?) Sorry for being completely uneducated in subject.

(P.S. Cant wait for HairWorks and TurfEffects :):))

Ah I see. Good luck with the work. BTW, you said fluid, does that include the goo fluid too besides water (which has different behaviour than water, kinda heavier, just like in the demo. In the fluid sample demo, I saw three types and colours for fluid interaction balls: blue for water, green for goo surely and orange. What do orange interaction balls represent and wil they be available with water and goo fluid shaders when they are done? Thanks !

Is functional on the latest branch? Last time I got around to compiling, i was only able to do the fluid balls. Is already available in it? I need to get something like running for a presentation so Iā€™m getting really hopeful after seeing .

Hope I can get a response soon so I can get on implementing it.

EDIT: I updated my copy per documentation in the branch 2 days ago, but donā€™t see anything regarding the fluid material used in Flex demos. Hopefully I missed something. Looking forward to a response.

No, itā€™s not out yet, thatā€™s why I said it was a preview.

Hey, is a silly question and sorry if itā€™s been asked before but which GameWorks technologies work on the PS4?

Iā€™m not sure what is compatible, but I know what isnā€™t. Flex currently does not work, but should support it in the future. HBAO+ requires I believe, so for PS4 itā€™s out as well. Same thing for VXGI, but even if it did support it, the PS4 isnā€™t quite powerful enough to handle VXGI. Iā€™m not certain about waveworks however. Essentially at point in time very few, if any, are compatible with consoles, especially PS4, but the technologies should eventually be ported over.

Hi, photo have all the informations about GameWorks

Iā€™m just interested in PS4 HairWorksā€¦

Yes, but as far as I can tell Flex uses CUDA and therefore doesnā€™t support AMD/ATI graphics?

A DirectCompute version is in the works.