NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Hi, I am trying to build ue 4.7 vxgi but I get error ://imgur/K1wcLpH

Hey Blue! You have exactly the same error as mine! But @ and @Atle helped me.

Have VS2013
After you run the Setup.bat you’re supposed to press “n”

It worked for me =)

I am going to be so happy if it works :slight_smile:
Thank you :slight_smile:

Wow!!! It works!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve just tested the last VXGI version . It’s working, but the view dependency problems still persists. When turn my back to some geometry, it stops reflecting light and it looks like if someone had just turned a light off in the room behind me…

the right side light comes from a reflector outside the window bouncing light from a spotlight.

&stc=1

turning the camera a little bit to the left makes the lighting disappear, probably because the reflector stopped being voxelized and bouncing light…

&stc=1

VXGI is great but shader compiling is taking too long,6 minutes per shader.

I’m compiling branch for the DFGI to see difference between two.

The view dependency isn’t as bad as previous build but still seems to be there :frowning: do you only use a directional light + some spotlights/reflectors? Any skylight or ambient cubemaps?

I’m always changing between two lighting setups:

1. Directional for the sun + reflectors (as skyportal for windows) + very weak skylight (or spotlights without shadows if I want more directional ambient light). I need the skylight because the light from reflectors won’t bounce, since it’s already indirect light. But in return I get nice indirect shadows from those skyportals. The problem is when the reflectors disappear with that view dependency stuff =/

2. Directional for the sun + spotlights with shadows as skyportal. With setup I don’t need the skylight, but I need dynamic shadows for most of the skyportals to get indirect shadows and those are huge performance killers… It’s also tricky to get nice indirect shadows simulation with spotlight shadows. At least setup doesn’t suffer too much from the dependency because there are no reflectors.

For those dependency screens I used the first setup with skylight off.

@ Greetings. about NVidia Turf : is it compatible with 4.8 upcoming Procedural Grass Generator or do you have your own Procedural grass generator with Turf ?

That’s one of the reasons the UE4 integration is taking forever. We haven’t quite worked out the details. We don’t have our own grass generator, we’re hoping to piggyback on something within Unreal (did you see the Kite Demo?), otherwise we have to work it out from scratch.

We’re working on that. It is indeed a problem.

Screenshots of the upcoming FleX fluid shader and BP

wait… woa so fluid is gonna be available. So that means we can have some fluid smoke and stuff ? =D
and by the way i knew arkham knight was using Faceworks. Characters face on that game looked as hell.

and is it true that they’re using customized UE3?

Good to know :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s a UE3-based engine.

It sounds like the reflectors are being culled by the application pipeline. VXGI doesn’t do the culling itself, there must be some way that the reflector is being left out of the rendering.

No smoke yet, just the fluid surface. You can probably create a smoke shader for the FleX particles as they are, but the FleX-smoke demos we showed last year require some additional features in the simulation that haven’t been released yet. We’ll get to that, but the schedule is packed.

Wow great, thanks for that. Looking froward to try it. I hope it will work well with WaveWorks in the upcoming merged branch. :smiley:

BTW, I noticed Flex 0.8.0 verison in your site. Any news about dirt/sand shader for Flex coming? In UE4 Flex and in Flex demo there are samples where you interact with sand and it is heavy and behaves diffrently from water when you walk on it, but there are only the interactions balls for the time being. Will you release sand/dirt shader with teh water shader or it will be in a future release? Thanks.

Quick noob and lazy question,

Is all of cross platform? I am failing to find any info that specifies the requirements. I understand most of GameWorks has been used in other games but I thought i should ask just in case. Flex (and maybe Turf) is what i’m looking at more than anything, thinking about using it as the main physics solution for the soccer simulation.

Thanks.