NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Once 4.8 is released, who wants to build the Kite demo using VXGI with 3rd person, first person, and VR cameras?

Edit: For Epic, would it be ok to release as a benchmark tool?

Hello ,
Please let me know the HairWorks roadmap for ā€œMaya 2016ā€ support etc.
Will Maya standard equipped XGen (not ā€œShave and a Haircutā€) be available for HairWorks in the future?

Installed the new VXGI branch. 1st try, 0 error. Canā€™t wait to continue my scenes tonight! Thumbs up Nvidia!

Hey folks,

I got error after the build.

Also after Iā€™ve tried to run after it regardless the erros, I had Message saying ā€œPlugin ā€˜OculusRiftā€™ failed to load because module 'OculusRiftā€ could not be found.

Edit

Iā€™ve forgot, but firstly when Iā€™ve started the setup bat I got in red lines
The following file(s) have been modified:
Engine/Source/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/nvapi/amd64/nvapi64.lib
Engine/Source/ThirdParty/NVIDIA/nvapi/x86/nvapi.lib
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker.exe
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Core.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-DesktopPlatform.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ImageCore.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ImageWrapper.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-MetalShaderFormat.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-Projects.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-RenderCore.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-RHI.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-SandboxFile.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCompilerCommon.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderCore.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatD3D.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderFormatOpenGL.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-ShaderPreprocessor.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TargetPlatform.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatAndroid.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatDXT.dll
Engine/Binaries/Win64/ShaderCompileWorker-TextureFormatPVR.dll

Edit2:

Iā€™ve carefully researched it and saw that using third party unzipping software could cause somehting like that, so will give it another try

Edit3:

Tried with WinRar and the windows unzipper, also gave ā€œUnblocKā€ in advanced, still the red lines appearsā€¦ =(

I need it too, especially waveworks and flex, but without compatibility cross-plataform/nvidia/ati still like the last years, something cool for play in home, but nothing for implement in something serious.

Have you tried building the ShaderCompileWorker tool in the UE4 programs folder? 'Cause that have already been addressed several times in topic.

@anonymous_user_1768e113

Now after youā€™ve mentioned it, I remember seeing same thing somewhere, but forgot to correlate it with my. Currently Iā€™m doing second compile again after itā€™s done, Iā€™ll make sure to compile the shader folder! Thanks! I hope will work

EDIT:

Didnā€™t work : (

Hi,
I see in the GitHub there have been mergers into the 4.7 ,as well as other mergers which seem to indicate FLEX,VXGI ,HBAO etc, are now combined into a single branch.
Sorry if itā€™s plainly obvious, just wanted to know if my assumption is correct and if so could be reflected in the GitHub page for **NvPhysX/UnrealEngine **so others may know

cheers, and fantastic work on these techā€™s

Your image ://i.imgur/Y1sePaL.png looks like VS2012, right? Iā€™m under the impression that you must use VS2013 for UE4 these days. I only use VS2013, but I have noticed that sometimes my machine gets confused and attempts to open UE4ā€™s solution with VS2012, which doesnā€™t work.

ā€“

4.7.6 is released, it seems it corrects a crash on startup for MAC users.

Iā€™m assuming if it was built as a standalone executable it would be fine, but if it came with the editor etc. it wouldnā€™t be okay.

it still crashes. I followed all the steps posted by . in post #1197 and the assertion fault
ā€œAssertion failed: CascadeIndex < ARRAY_COUNT(CascadedShadowDepthZ)ā€ persists.

Both demo scenes seem to work but when I create a new project (in my case first person BP) and click the play button it crashes. Another example is the ā€œBlueprintā€ demo that you can find in the ā€œLearnā€ section of the launcher. the editor doesnā€™t even show up and eventually leads to the same assertion fault.

I think itā€™s VS2013 with Update 2, Iā€™ve installed it from my academic account in the university.

However, after reading your post decided to uninstall it, and installed the one in the GitHub VXGI page VS2013 with Update4. Sadly the same errors appeared

if youā€™re out of ideas, let it go. Iā€™ll try to find another machine and repeat everything.

://textuploader/x7yl
the debug text

When you run setup.bat do you say ā€œnā€ to overwriting the files?

Nope, I gave Yes. :open_mouth: I guess I should try the other way around?

Yes, since you overwrite the needed Nvidia changes if say ā€œnā€.

Thanks @Atle
time, Iā€™ve pressed ā€œnā€ and will compile again to see what will happen.

Omg works thank you!!! I"m so freaking happy the editor started!

dies from excitement

Nice:)
After some tweaking ver looks very promising indeed.

published a merged branch, but I havenā€™t published one yet. Still working on it, I have to split my time among several projects right now, sorry for the delay.