NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

where can i get ? every link i seei n post its broken

Theyā€™re not broken, thatā€™s just GitHub weirdness. They really should be throwing a 403 forbidden instead of a 404 not found.

You have to be logged into GitHub, and you have to have your Unreal account linked to your GitHub account.

Thank you very much for that and I hope to see sand/dirt shader too! :slight_smile:

BTW , it seems 4.7.5 is coming soon because 4.7.4 has some critical errors. In case you need more infos to update NVidia gameworks branch with 4.7.5, please contact Epic staff for more infos. Thanks !

Yes, you should be able to merge the code and keep up to date. I canā€™t promise that would be trivial, but weā€™ve been doing for years with UE3 and Perforce. I think the Github system should make it much easier. Of course, if your customized branch makes fundamental changes to the renderer or other systems that are touched by WaveWorks, VXGI, FleX, etc., you will have more work to do when you merge.

I did everything. After Iā€™ve build the shaderCompilerWorker, whatā€™s next?
Sorry, Iā€™m not code-oriented

And someone please tell me the branch with /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine

Includes the VXGI or Iā€™ll put an end to my life :stuck_out_tongue:

Run the editor, load a map. Which branch are you using ? WaveWorks, VXGI?

Hey @

Thanks for trying to lend a hand!

I just couldnā€™t stay still and wait for all these amazing things getting integrated in the Engine. Iā€™ve downloaded /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine I hope it includes VXGI, which is my most desired chocolate from the box.
Then I applied all the steps, Downloading Visual Studio 2013 and everything else.

By run the editor, I though itā€™s Test>Run All test, now Iā€™m waiting some kind of compiling to finishā€¦ laughs on everyone readying ā€¦ =D

Itā€™s suppose to start it from UnrealEngine-release\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Binaries\Win64 somewhere?

Sorry for getting in with such shallow matter, but itā€™s your bad for making GameWorks so appetizing that couldnā€™t be resisted!

Ah hello I am new to I compiled Vxiglobal illumination branch from the github site and I am having an (I built it with 0 errors finally ) and when I run the editor it freezes at 9 %can anyone help me ? I am not the main programmer on the project I just wanted to test the Visual art asset

It must be shader compiler (if i remember correctly). You have to build shader compile worker check back couple of pages for more information.

&d=1424583503

About FLEX, would it be able to do something like the FluidSurface Actor? Something like cloth, but then allowing objects to pass through?

Iā€™ll get on that tonight, sorry for the delay! Been a busy bee :slight_smile:

Is there a way to preview the Voxelization in the Editor too? Perhaps Iā€™m doing a lot more samples than anybody else without intending too. Iā€™m only using a 1920*1080 monitor though.

Have you tried ā€œr.VXGI.DebugMode 2ā€? should show the voxelization.

Thatā€™s what weā€™re working on. You can see the intended effect in the FleX demo, which is buried down in the Third Party source folders.

Hi, welcome to the party! Compiling UE4 takes a looong time on most machines. I usually run the editor from Visual Studio, by setting the UE4 to be the ā€˜startup projectā€™, using ā€˜Development Editorā€™ as the configuration choice in the dropdown list at the center of the menu/tool bar. There are plenty of resources in the UE4 docs regarding the details of how to run UE4 from Visual Studio.

Regarding ā€œI hope it includes VXGI, which is my most desired chocolate from the box.ā€, if you downloaded by cloning the tree using Git, you will have to ā€˜checkoutā€™ the VXGI branch. If you download by grabbing the zip file, you get it by selecting ā€˜VXGIā€™ in the little window that says ā€˜branch:releaseā€™ in the upper-left corner of the table on the Github page, then click the ā€˜Download Zipā€™ button found in the lower-right corner.

Thanks @!

Throwing some light helped me a lot! Even it was side things from what youā€™re for! Glad weā€™re having you ! Will try to create something beautiful with the VXGI! So the efforts are not in vain =)

@ greta news: 4.7.5 is up today and didinā€™t take that long, you can update the GameWorks using it. Thanks ! :smiley:

I donā€™t see the need to update to 4.7.5 as is only a hotfix.

If he can and that isnā€™t hard, why not? :slight_smile:

We still have lot of possibilities in current version. I think there is no need for upgrade. In 4.7 i dont see as hell upgrades like 4.8. So we better wait for 4.8 to upgrade.
----EDIT-----
Ohā€¦ 4.7.x was coming. Ok then xD

Heres the latest HBAO+ & VXGI testing. Running on an i7-Haswell && 460GTX

709c4ab0dfdcb730547c048c68498ba6142aed32.jpeg