NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

amazing job

It should be next week. Iā€™ll post some release notes ASAP. Mostly bug fixes and assorted improvements.

Done for FleX, WaveWorks, HBAO+. We are waiting on VXGI for the new build next week.

Thank you very much. Do you have any plans for merging the branches ine one branch having all of them or are waiting for the features to be finalised first? Also any updates about flex water and dirt/sand shaders? Thanks !

Hello ā€¦ Would You Please Upload Itā€¦ (If Is It For 4.7.4)ā€¦ :smiley:

hi

you say next week put the note of new vxgi version. The 2 bounce will be in the next version??? (please say yes hehehe).

I was trying to obtain the FleX-UE4 integration from the link they sent me. Has it been moved, or removed?

Guys I want to know whatā€™s happening in my scene with VXGI (pretty much default settings) : When I move my mouse slightly the illumination completely change.

and my settings,

As you can see, very dark on the 1st image, then suddently, all illuminatedā€¦ Iā€™m using a directionnal light and a skylight only. Itā€™s not possible to make a cinematic when the lighting drastically change like that.

Sure itā€™s not eye adaptation being weird? Itā€™s a bit strong sometimes. Try disabling it and see if that helps.

I triple checked itā€™s off on my global post process and even on my cameras. I have a camera moving in straight line and as it moves foward some parts of my scene suddently gets more illumination. Weird. Itā€™s like a on/off switch.

I think I might have experienced the same recently. Either I didnā€™t notice it or I changed something, but recently VXGI seems to behave weirdly (my BaseEngine.ini uses the default values)
When checking DebugMode 3 I noticed something strange: The voxelization seems to work weird. Sometimes it doesnā€™t voxelize parts of meshes, but then it does again. The materials are setup correctly. Even meshes which are the same voxelize differently. a few screens (click for full resolution):
://i.imgur/LwxThEhl.png
://i.imgur/bO7zBQpl.png
://i.imgur/wk0f26il.png
The right side should like the left side, but there seems to be parts missing on the left.
://i.imgur/pIhET9Ul.png

can you tell me which version you are using because used to happen in the first version where view dependency voxelization was used. They have since removed view dependency which should eliminate problem.

I use 's updated version for 4.7.3.

Iā€™m using 's merged version. Not sure if itā€™s the latest one tho. Itā€™s with 4.7.3.

Iā€™m also getting bug with 's 4.7.3 version (I built it during last week)ā€¦ I didnā€™t try last nvidia version, though. My scenes are all converted to 4.7+, so Iā€™m waiting for them to release the new version.

Iā€™m afraid not, 2-bounce will take a while to implement and get it right.

No, the FleX-UE4 integration is just another branch on /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine. Look at /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/FleX

Thank you very much. Do you have any plans for merging the branches ine one branch having all of them or are waiting for the features to be finalised first? Also any updates about flex water and dirt/sand shaders? Thanks !

Hi ,do you guys ever think how the user can integate your work to their own branch of engine? Say if I have a local branch which already contain lots of change of the engine, branch maybe even not a github fork.And we develop game on that.So I canā€™t directly get the waveworks branch and use it.What should I do? Merge the code manully will be very frustating and also suffer from future update. Whatā€™s your idea on ? Thanks.

I started on a merged branch, and fixed the where FleX and WaveWorks didnā€™t play nicely with the GPU resources. Iā€™ll continue to work on the merged branch after the new VXGI comes out week. The FleX water shader should be out the door next week, I believe.