NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

I’ve had no problems with directional lights so far (HD 7850), but I haven’t tried setting quality to epic.
I’ll try it later to see about CSM on epic causing a crash as well.

You can just clone that, checkout the 4.7.x.x plugin branch and copy the Substance plugin to your VXGI build.

I also have no crash with settings on epic and a directional light. I only use 1 tho, maybe if you have many DL it becomes a problem?
On the other hand the FLEX demo project crash almost instantly…usually a couple seconds after moving my character…

db62dba6102815fd048bc78b2b08b919c43c3ff5.jpeg

Yea generate the project files and compile, though it doesn’t change any engine headers so it won’t recompile everything under the sun again.

Turbulence (or at least the capabilities of it) are already build into UE4’s particle system, and a few pages back I believe there was something said about work being done to integrate flameworks into the existing turbulence system.

Hey I’m having a crash whenever I use more than a couple objects with tessellated materials. Unfortunately my project uses A LOT of tessellated materials, as I’m aiming to harness as much power as I can (hence why I’m on thread :D)

As Blakblt wrote, Flameworks has been integrated into Turbulence, and Turbulence is coming eventually. Patience they will get to it.

Using VXGI? I know it has special handling for tessellated materials. There is a checkbox in the material editor for VXGI tessellation you might want to try (Using tessellation during voxelization or something along those lines).

If its the FLEX demo from the merged branch of mine, then you are most likely getting the directional light crash. I noticed if I have my own scene with a directional light, casting shadows, no issues. But the template based scenes (such as the Flex demo) then crash after a few seconds of moving the character, so I suspect a certain configuration of directional light will cause issues.

I had VXGI completely disabled at the time. It wasn’t turned on on any materials nor in the post processing, on any lights, or even in console. It just kept crashing.

Yep it will, as even tho its disabled, its still calling certain VXGI branches, that seems to have an invalid check around cascaded shadow maps, could be due to the upgrade to 4.7 since a few things in rendering did change.

Alright then thanks for the heads up.

Not since last update, but as said, they have been busy with GDC, and some other commitments, and its the weekend right now for them. Just for reference, heres last update again:

@

I tried your branch of VXGI.
When I try to run UE4 (by pressing F5) after building as you instructed, I get “breaks” which seem to prevent it from loading.
I tried to instead load the editor exe directly and it crashes with error.

My graphics card is a GTX 580.

is the debugging from Visual Studio

Go to BaseEngine.ini and change bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true to bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=false and do the same for DefaultEngine.ini of any samples you open, if its found. The error is indicating that its found bVxgiStoreEmittanceInFP16=true in the configs and your card doesn’t support 16-bit floating point render targets.

Thank you, that fixed the :slight_smile:

I’m converting the Realistic Rendering scene to VXGI. So far I’m getting 30-35 FPS on Epic mode. I’m a bit surprised. =p

EDIT:
For anyone interested in my specs.

Intel Core i7-4790k
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
SSD - Samsung Evo 840
Windows 7 64 bit
Z97 Motherboard

Using a point light (I thought I read there were issues with them earlier in the thread, but can confirm it works fine)
I did however experience issues with directional lights. Flickering between 2 very different exposures.

Tried compiling the latest build but getting a undefined symbol error. Any idea? The error is :

Make sure to overwrite the ThirdParty/Nvidia directory with the one from github, as downloading the required dependencies actually overwrites changes required for VXGI to run.

That’s probably it. Will test it when I get home, want to compare vxgi with my GI technique :slight_smile:

Originally Posted by DIFTOW

[/QUOTE]
Using a point light (I thought I read there were issues with them earlier in the thread, but can confirm it works fine)
I did however experience issues with directional lights. Flickering between 2 very different exposures.
[/QUOTE]

Have you tried “Do Shadow Bounds Accurate” to off!
I can´t check it right now, but seem to remember it worked on a indoor scene.

That didn’t work, the folder was already there with all the files