NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Someone knows when GameWorks is relevantly planned to be integrated in the UE4? FaceWorks seems so exciting!!!

Hi everyone!

Anyone knows if itā€™s possible to compile the VXGI version at a MacBook Pro?! I guess Iā€™m doing something wrong for now, but Iā€™m getting a big list of errors during the Build, all them says:

ā€œUse of undeclared identifier ā€˜VXGIā€™ā€

So, maybe you guys can kindly help me with any information about , if possible!

Thanks,

I think its Windows only, if you are using OS X.

Correct.

What do you mean? Into the main line?

Hi Make, is GameWorks only work with Nvida card? I just compiled Flex branch and open up Flex sample project, it seems not been simulated properly.

is there any etaā€™s on 4.7 game works?

FleX and WaveWorks currently require an NV card. VXGI and HBAO+ will run on any card.

Iā€™m at GDC, I will start on it next week.

. If its possible start with VXGI =D thank you

What, gameworks will be integrated into UE4? :OOO

Read thread from the start. =D its already :smiley:

, to save u searching through the posts. Head : /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine there are individual branches for VXGI, WaveWorks, HBAO+, Flex, Vehicles. They are currently using 4.6 or 4.6.1.

HairWorks and others are coming soon.

Yup, When itā€™s expected be officially inside the engine.

btw, thanks for staying around and providing us with information, appreciated!

I sucessfully built the VXGI branch. When testing the cornell box sample scene I donā€™t get any reflections. Is it possible to change some settings to see it or how does it work?

I also tried the r.VXGI. commands in the console but I suspect itā€™s already enabled in that scene.

Edit: Never mind, I just read that it needs to calculate a second bounce for reflections from lit objects to show up.

Right that is a known, and Iā€™d like to say we have a plan to fix it already, but we donā€™t have an easy solution yet.

Just wanted to say is brilliant what you guys are doing with Gameworks. may be a silly question but does VXGI eliminate the need for light maps? Or is it still dependant on them?

No it will be fully dynamic.

I hope you find a solution! Will it be possible to have more than 2 bounces if I donā€™t care about performance?

I think if that would be possible, could really be the next leap in making animations for products and archviz etc. Imagine getting next to path-tracing quality in ā€œreal timeā€. If I only get like 1fps it would still be super fast! :slight_smile:

I think that is possible in principle, but unlimited bounces was not a primary design goal of VXGI. Iā€™ll learn more about it and post when I have something for you.

ā€“