NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

You must be sure you have access to UE4 git source before: https://wiki.unrealengine/GitHub_Setup

About the merged branch, WaveWorks stops working when FleX is merged to it. Will investigate furtherā€¦ man I wish I had more computers to build with.

I canā€™t manage to get Direct Light shadows into voxels no matter what.
If I replace the Direct Light for a Spot Light, it works fine. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a bug or if Iā€™m doing something wrong.
Iā€™ve updated my last post to show : https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&p=234588&viewfull=1#post234588

hi guys i download a vxgi branch version and build and put the variables in BaseEngine.ini and ConsoleVariables.ini like a pdf. but not show vxgi in material or Cone Tracing Parameters. how enable vxgi? My video cards is gts 450 i know video cards dont work but i dont think the vxgi parameters not show because of that. What i make wrong?

@ - you neednā€™t comment on , but I wanted to just quickly say that the work you and the other GameWorks crew are doing on FLeX etc. is way more impressive than what NVIDIA showed at the headlighter event at GDC tonight. :stuck_out_tongue: Canā€™t wait to dive into stuff and also get it set up and working in my VR game. work!

Are you sure that youā€™ve installed the VXGI branch and not the Release? After cloning to your desktop, you want to make sure the github windows shows up ā€œVXGIā€ before building the engine:

Capturar.JPG

Check your Unreal folder. If you donā€™t have folder: ā€œI:\UE4_VXGI\UnrealEngine\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\GameWorks\VXGIā€, youā€™ve probably built the release version.

is a bug - something to do with the code. I tried extensively to find a switch in the code which causes but to no avail. Maybe you will have better luck.
Same thing with point lights - but they said they will be working on that straight after GDC.

hi guys i download again and fix some error (page 10 in topic) time works thanks everybody

how i wirte variables consoles like r.VXGI.DiffuseTracingEnable? in play mode push a tilde key and open a console but i cant write anything

click ](~)from your keyboard in your editor. Located top of the TAB button. If nothing happens. Click ALT + TAB and choose your UE4 and click again. Then type that.

i do that but nothing happens, only in play mode open dis dialog box but i cant write, just press 1, 2,3 or 4

finaly i got it, havent no key for the console in editor now put the key and work thanks

i have a problem with vxgi specular. See in image in top of spheres are black. Because the reflection is calculated without gi and the spheres reflect black to another sphere because the same reason. How fix ??

Hi all! Thank-you for helping to make GameWorks an Unreal reality :slight_smile: My question is: is there a time frame for turf integration? is something Iā€™m simply desperate to see. Thank-you.

Hi,

The time frame for Turf is not very clear at point, but I am optimistic that we will have something available about 8 weeks from now.

Would you please submit as an under /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues?

I believe we have more work ahead of us, to fully support reflection probes in VXGI/UE4.

hi i try to create a new, but for some reason i cant. I click in new and open a page page is taking way too long to load. Sorry about that. Please try refreshing and contact us if the problem persists. i will try later

I just wanted to thank you and everyone at Nvidia working on these amazing techs (and making them available to us)!
A lot of the GameWorks stuff is very neat and I hope it gets better with time :slight_smile:

Greetings,

, would you be so kind and add a short explanation on how to setup GameWorks to the OP?
Like you did : https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&p=213061&viewfull=1#post213061
And maybe remind people to prohibit setup.bat (.sh/.command) when it asks to overwrite the changed files from the Nvidia branch?

I think that would make it a lot easier for people to get started, or what do you think?

Greetings,

Sure, itā€™s a good idea, Iā€™ll work on the setup instructions when I get a .
Thanks,