NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

You need to have a license. Of course. But now its just a matter of register for it right? :wink:

Only people with a UE4 license can access UE4 source. The source at /NvPhysX/UnrealEngine is a fork of the Unreal source and is therefore controlled by Epic and subject to their license, just like the source at /EpicGames/UnrealEngine. Previously required a paid subscription, but as I read it, the big announcement today means that people only have to register and agree to the licensing terms, there is no more monthly subscription fee for UE4.

ā€“

Is nVidia TXAA coming to UE4 at some point?

Also, is Hairworks ready for GDC?

Yes, weā€™ll publish a TXAA integration when we get a , shouldnā€™t be too far off. I think weā€™ll be showing the HairwWorks integration to developers at GDC, but Iā€™m not sure if it will be on the booth display. There is still some polishing and testing work ahead, before we can publish the HairWorks branch of UE4.

Just playing around adding VXGI on koolaā€™s scene.

relevant parameters:
Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Intensity: 0.11
Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Num Cones: 32
Vxgi Diffuse Tracing Sparsity: 4
no specular tracing
35fps (80fps without VXGI) - gtx780

is a 16 cones version at 50fps: ://i.imgur/yZb8chY.jpg?1

Iā€™ve rotated all the SpotLights 180 degrees so they can actually contribute with the lighting.
Iā€™ll do a VXGI + HBAO version as soon as I get the time to compile the merged branches.

is the original scene with lightmaps:

update: Iā€™ve tried another approach. Iā€™ve replaced all the spotlights on the windows by meshes with emissive materials. Iā€™ve added some yellow tint on the right planes and blue tint on the left ones. Iā€™ve also decreased the sunlight intensity and turned the Diffuse Tracing Intensity up to 0.6. Now I get nice indirect shadows similar to those ones on the original scene:

VXGI off:
4c3d71a255490ef1e76674ee2a520c6922a77359.jpeg

Update 2:
Direct Lights are not casting shadows on voxels for me. The debug vision revels that : ://i.imgur/ZNx8SAC.jpg

In particular scene, doesnā€™t make too much of a difference because the main light contribution comes from the emissive materials Iā€™ve applied on the windows. Those ones are causing the soft indirect shadows.
If I replace de Direct Light for a Spot Light, the shadows work: ://i.imgur/arvdLpJ.jpg

The final render now has more depth. The foreground wall is darker, as it should be in kind of lighting. Itā€™s closer to the lightmass version :

Hey ! How could I get a to see hairworks at GDC? Is there a certain talk to attend?

I donā€™t think we have a talk, but come by the booth and ask for me.

ā€“

Nice! I like the shadows and the tablecloth lighting in particular on the VXGI scene.

soā€¦ i think if found a bug. Maybe not. It sees Waveworks not working i guess. Flex and Vxgi Working good. Only Waveworks got some problem like .

://i.imgur/cnNCRQp.png

no waves. When i choose another actor it becomes completely black.

Which GPU do you have, and do you have the latest driver installed?

And does it work in the branch that only has WaveWorks?

I have gtx 780 with latest drivers.

Oh i havenā€™t tried that.

We talked in the launcher, waveworks fails too, log says:

[2015.03.03-16.59.58:064] 0]LogD3D11WaveWorks:Warning: FD3D11WaveWorks Simulation_CreateD3D11 FAIL

I will build the waveworks branch and look at it there.

Is there a way to ā€œinstallā€ gameworks into the plugin directory rather than downloading a separate branch of the engine? Thatā€™s probably in my ā€œwould like to seeā€ list for gameworks :

The merge of WaveWorks in my branch is wrong, the Nvidia one does work.

oh alright. Let me know when youā€™re ready =D

Superficiallyā€¦ Im unable to see why it fails to create its device. I donā€™t see where the integration could got wrong. I changed one WaveWorks related source file to get the UE4Game targets to build (it was using the stats interface, which need to be guarded by #if STATS, and wasnā€™t).

It might be that the nvidia libraries donā€™t match up from the different branches, I think the VXGI branch changed one dependent libraries, nvapi I think. Or Im just dumb :slight_smile: Probably that one. lol

Ill continue looking at it, if it was me Ill post it , else I gonna open up an for it on GitHub.

Weā€™ll work on it, but for the most part a separate fork of Unreal is required because these features require significant changes to the rendering code, which isnā€™t available through a plugin as far as I know.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps Epic could help in making it a more feasible option?

Why am I getting ā€œPage not foundā€ on these ?
/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine

Any page that I try to open on github leads me to an 404 error page.