NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

is how one of the HairWorks developers summarized it: “HairWorks uses mix of K-K and Marchner + our own tweak.”

Hi
I have a Problem
When I click on link :/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues
I get error 404 (don’t find anything )

Wonderful. I hope your own tweaks manage to get a way to implement anisotropic shading for the hair eventhough that UE4 doesn’t support it (for the time being). Could you please tell your devs about that? Thanks :slight_smile:

https://www.unrealengine/ue4-on-github

You need to be an active subscriber and you need to link your Github username to your Unreal Engine account. For more info : https://www.unrealengine/ue4-on-github

Hey guys im confused. Should i wait for official merged UE4 or do i have to merge by myself? if yes is there any documentation or something like that? Im new to Github.

I am sorry, I don’t have any screenshots, but I can think of 3 ways for authoring Turf grass within UE4:

1. Being able to paint Turf grass onto a terrain in Landscape should be an obvious choice
  2. Painting Turf grass on static/(maybe even skeletal) meshes through vertex painting would be very nice and usefull.
  3. Applying Turf grass to a static/skeletal mesh through a material could also be a very hand way to use Turf grass.

Question: Is Turf only limited to grass or will we able to create our own vegetation? Bioshock springs to mind, and the ability to plant subaquatic plants would be awsome.

@: news, that’s exactly what I was hoping for! Can’t wait to make use of HairWorks!

@:

1. Everyone is well aware of the fact that UE4 doesn’t support anisotropic BRDF’s at the moment. No need to stress what’s already a given over and over again.

2. Kajiya-Kay and Marschner both use an anisotropic model since an isotropic model just wouldn’t look like hair! In other words, no anisotropic based BRDF = No Kajiya-Kay and/or Marschner. You can’t have one without the other.

Hi all, really cool results I’m getting from the VXGI fork:

(Lit by a single spotlight from above) Thanks so much to the nvidia team for making happen. Dynamic GI is a substantial step toward realism and, in the case of the game I’m working on, surrealism :slight_smile:

Couple of questions pertinent to the image. How do I get rid of the “preview” thing on the floor texture? It seems as though there’s still a lightmap associated with it. I enabled VXGI on that material and I turned off the “allow static lighting” global setting (restarted the editor as well). Also, I can’t seem to get point lights to work with VXGI. I create a point light and enable VXGI in its settings (the same way I did with the spot) but no dice. Are they not implemented currently? Thanks again!

One of your lights are static. Change that to Dynamic.

Yea, change the light’s mobility to Movable.

Thank you sirs.

@: I found the solution to the shipping problem! It was a data corrupted file from my builded UE4-Shipping-Game :smiley:

I’m really enjoying VXGI, I’m setting a large area now to try, I’ll upload some pics as soon as I can. One question: Gameworks for 4.7 will be available after all of them were implemented in 4.6 or after GDC?

Great news, thanks! We’ll probably upgrade to 4.6 after GDC, before Turf becomes available, not sure yet whether Hair will be in there before or after.

Nice! You know, I’ve been sticking for at least 3 years with nvidia developers program and I have enjoyed every single you guys have provided, and now free implementation for UE4 is something more than amazing. I just wanna express my gratitude to you and the whole Nvidia staff, you’re enhancing the gaming industry with !

Points lights are not implemented with VXGI, and spotlights and directional lights are not implemented properly with distance field shadows. Also, translucent particles aren’t implemented yet. is because they are all done as a separate process. I have posted in ://github/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/issues and gameworks engineers are going to look at it after GDC.

@ you promised to give us the GDC schedule and where to watch it. Also what is GTC that will take place from 17 to 20 March and that you will be part of?

Right, is the link: https://developer.nvidia/gdc-2015

://www.nvidia/content/M2G/made-to-game.html

The NVIDIA GPU Technology Conference is : ://www.gputechconf/

We’ll get on ASAP when the GDC hubbub subsides.

Thanks,

@anonymous_user_1768e113, many thanks for the kind words! We’re all very happy to see such enthusiasm for these features in the UE4 community.