NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Thanks for your answer!

After I start the bat file it fails with on screen

And in the log

[EDIT 0]
I am re-cloning the repository now and I’ll repeat the process. Please give me a moment.

[EDIT 1]
I am trying to build the VS2019 solution now. Once I am able to test loading the NVidia sample project I will update you .

For the record thus far I performed the following steps:

Cloned the Repository
Setup.bat
BuildProfile_Win64
GenerateProjectFiles

Open the Visual Studio Solution (UE4.sln)
Set UE4 as the startup project

C:\Users\>d:
D:\>cd repos
D:\Repos>git clone https://github/dyanikoglu/UnrealEngine.git
Cloning into 'UnrealEngine'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 22, done.
:
Updating files: 100% (127484/127484), done.

D:\Repos>cd UnrealEngine
D:\Repos\UnrealEngine>git status
On branch 4.25-PhysX4+Blast
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/4.25-PhysX4+Blast'.

D:\Repos\UnrealEngine>setup
Checking dependencies...
Updating dependencies: 100% (59356/59356), 8647.2/8647.2 MiB | 8.77 MiB/s, done.
:

D:\Repos\UnrealEngine>cd Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX4
D:\Repos\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX4>BuildProfile_Win64
Running AutomationTool...
Parsing command line: BuildPhysX -TargetPlatforms=Win64 -TargetConfigs=profile+release+checked -TargetWindowsCompilers=VisualStudio2019 -SkipCreateChangelist -compile
Dependencies are out of date. Compiling scripts....
:
ERROR:  ROOT D:/Repos/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/ThirdParty/PhysX4/
ERROR:  Build Platform: windows
ERROR: Using CXX Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2019/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.27.29110/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe
-- Configuring done
:
  2>------ Build started: Project: PhysXFoundation, Configuration: profile x64 ------
  3>------ Build started: Project: LowLevel, Configuration: profile x64 ------
:
  ========== Build: 17 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
Took 72.2662051s to run Devenv, ExitCode=0
:
  2>------ Build started: Project: PhysXFoundation, Configuration: checked x64 ------
  3>------ Build started: Project: LowLevel, Configuration: checked x64 ------
:
  ========== Build: 17 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========
Took 73.6843956s to run Devenv, ExitCode=0
BUILD SUCCESSFUL

D:\Repos\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX4>cd ../../../..
D:\Repos\UnrealEngine>GenerateProjectFiles
Setting up Unreal Engine 4 project files...
Binding IntelliSense data... 100%
Writing project files... 100%

[EDIT 2]
The compile worked, and I was able to load and play the blast sample:

@formatc2013 Are you able to start fresh?
My suggestion is to use the command prompt and follow the same steps noted above.

Forgive the dumb question: are you using VS2019?

I will do a fresh start as I am back to my workstation in the next couple of day, and update you!

Edit1:

when running the setup bat file I am getting message on screen:

I tried with 2017 and 2019 as well.

I am sorry. I should have looked at your output log better. The error is that it cannot find CMAKE or a file cmake is looking for:

ERROR: Failed to start local process for action ("The system cannot find the file specified"): cmake

From a command prompt would you please verify that CMAKE is installed and what version it is:

C:\Users\>cmake --version
cmake version 3.18.1

CMake suite maintained and supported by Kitware (kitware/cmake).

Another thought, CMAKE typically is installed with VS2019. You can verify that by looking at the individual installed components.

More importantly though, given the path requirements, you should be able to run the cloning, setup, buildprofile, and generate project files all within the Visual Studio command prompt.

](filedata/fetch?id=1801900&d=1597675978)

](filedata/fetch?id=1801902&d=1597676069)

Using the VS command prompt I was able to clone, run Setup, run BuildProfile_Win64, and run GenerateProjectFiles

git clone https://github/dyanikoglu/UnrealEngine.git

cd UnrealEngine
Setup

cd Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX4
BuildProfile_Win64

cd ../../../..
GenerateProjectFiles

After opening the Repos\UnrealEngine\UE4.sln file you may have to set the startup project to UE4, and press F5 to kickoff the build and debug session in Visual Studio.

image_200585.png

!

Will take a closer look again tomorrow and let you know!

EDIT0:

Had a look at my cmake version in VS2019:

EDIT1:

I had a look for the

file but could only find a file. I’ll take a look around and update post.

is actually something I want to do too. To use Waveworks in UE4 v4.25. is the most I’ve found in regards to a download but I don’t know if it’s usable or not.
https://developer.nvidia/waveworks

There’s literally nothing outside of a few videos for the software and I really wish both Epic and Nvidia wouldn’t be so quiet about . While UE5 was announced, there’s no release date that I’ve seen for that so right now UE4 is all we have to rely on.

Have you heard or seen anything new about ?

I can’t even find Waveworks 1.0 for UE4 v4.25. The last version on Github is 4.19 and all of the links previously given for a more updated version are invalid/dead links now. I am at a literal dead-end. So I am hoping someone knows **something **about .

Epic never made any commitment to these things becoming a proper part of UE4 and Nvidia look to have lost interest too. So in my book the sensible approach for future projects is to assume stuff is dead, I’m certainly not basing a single future plan on any of these things, even though I was a fan of FleX and Flow. Obviously there are exceptions for certain project scenarios but its a world of pain trying to keep old versions up to date with modern UE4 versions so I’d rather give up at stage.

Unfortunately yes. The upcoming production ready Chaos API will be the official supported replacement for physics simulations inside Unreal Engine 4 and 5. And that’s it. Then on the marketplace there is a seller with its own limited physics simulations API, maybe others will follow. But Chaos API will be the new standard.

@formatc2013 Are you running from within the VS2019 command prompt?

Are you following the below steps?

1. Open VS2019 Command Prompt
  2. git clone https://github/dyanikoglu/UnrealEngine.git
  3. cd UnrealEngine
  4. Setup.bat
  5. cd Engine\Source\ThirdParty\PhysX4
  6. BuildProfile_Win64.bat
  7. cd …/…/…/…
  8. GenerateProjectFiles.bat

Of course if you are failing at step 6 then it is of no value to continue on.

Would you please capture the complete log, if you can, to a text file and attach it to your reply.

Note that you do not need the .git on the URL or the .bat filename extensions but I left them there for posterity sake.

The last time I tried I used the command line except for cloning the repo, than got stuck at step 6.

AFK at the moment, once back at my workstation, I’ll try doing all in VS cmd.

Just wondering how is running it from the VS command line different from just running it using the icons or any other command line?

Not sure that will help with what you are encountering but. . . I believe Visual Studio command prompt will set the path and environment variables that may be of help.

PATH=%PATH%;etc. . .
SET KEY=VALUE
SET KEY=VALUE

It is up and running now. All I needed was .net 4.6.2 targeting pack in VS.

@formatc2013 glad to hear it :slight_smile: Thanks for letting me know. . .

Just wondering if the build process is going ok for you.

My one gets stuck just after it tries to compile the Blast module.

I am getting these errors on packaging.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe UnrealPak Win64 Development -NoUBTMakefiles -Manifest=F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -log="F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-UnrealPak-Win64-Deve
lopment.txt"
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Waiting for 'git status' command to complete
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Terminating git child process due to timeout
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Writing manifest to F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Target is up to date
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Total execution time: 55.58 seconds
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 56.0370361s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=0
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe UE4Game Win64 Development -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="F:\Storage\works\Unreal projects\POLYGON_Fantasy_Kingdom_Unreal_Project_4_22\PolygonKingdom" -skipdeploy -Manifest=F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
-NoHotReload -log="F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-UE4Game-Win64-Development.txt"
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Writing manifest to F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Building UE4Game...
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Using Visual Studio 2019 14.26.28806 toolchain (H:\vs\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.26.28801) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Building 3 actions with 8 processes...
LogSlate: Took 0.047093 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf' (77K)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [1/3] Module.Blast.cpp
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): F:/UnirealEngine-Blast-/Engine/Plugins/GameWorks/Blast/Source/Blast/Private/BlastMesh.cpp(66): error C2039: 'bForceRebuildOnCache': is not a member of 'USkeletalMesh'
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\Rendering/SkeletalMeshRenderData.h(10): note: see declaration of 'USkeletalMesh'
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 338.898068s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (F:\UnirealEngine-Blast-\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\UBT-UE4Game-Win64-Development.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

And the one in the attachment.

Anyone run into these?

@formatc2013 IIRC, Debug packaging was the only version that worked for me. I did run into the same you are seeing. is from memory and I would have to verify it. If you are planning on releasing from branch I can invest some time to see if I can resolve the(s) but there are no guarantees.

It’s ok for now, I am just experimenting, but please let me know if it’s ready!

@formatc2013 Actually, at the moment I am working on my own editor and game engine. Basically creating a product to compete with 3dsMax/Maya and UE4/5. I am offering my help since is somewhat fresh on my mind, and it makes use of NVidia codebase (I love NVidia and have used their products for years). I cannot spend too much time on it but if it is something that you will use then I’ll take a quick stab at it. . . but offer no promises. Some of the bugs can take hours to track down.