NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

I didn’t change anything besides adding back “forceinline” to that one file mentioned on previous forum page. Credit to byte or trashbyte,

@karma4jake, can you please do the same but with the 4.21 waveworks branch?

Thanks for you work

I found these two branches in same forum of xoyojank and dyanikoglu

https://github/xoyojank/UnrealEngine/tree/4.22-FleX
https://github/dyanikoglu/UnrealEngine/tree/4.22-Blast

Someone who knows and has the necessary knowledge can mix them and get the 4.22 with flex and blast

I am not an expert on

thanks to all who make forum possible

Do note that 4.22 FleX port doesn’t render fluids as stated :

There’s also my old 4.22 Flow port : https://github//UnrealEngine/tree/4.22-Flow-WIP but it doesn’t render fluids either. Fluid sim itself works, just not the rendering, so you can still use it with cascade particles but that’s not what most people would use Nvidia Flow with. It’s really the rendering side changes that make 4.22+ ports hard now.

Thanks !!

Thanks for your hard work

Small update on 4.21 FleX:

I did check the trashbyte’s changes. There were tons of unrelated things I cleaned out and eventually just ended up taking api fixes and added the FORCEINLINE mentioned on the previous page and added these on top of my old WIP branch and cleaned that one as well. 4.21 FleX can be found :

FleX does work with setup now but I had to disable the uniform buffer checks as was also done on the trashbyte’s repo. I’m not super happy about but removing the checks doesn’t appear to break anything. I did test all test maps in the editor to work properly and did a development conf packaging test on Win64 (my Gameworks repos probably don’t even work properly on Win32 as Nvidia Blast integration doesn’t ship binaries for it).

I’ll merge FleX to 4.21-GameWorks and 4.21-GameWorks+WaveWorks branches next once I can verify the integration along with other GW techs doesn’t break anything, still doing first build atm.

Thanks for all your hard work - looking fwd to it!

Bit late but I just tested while upgrading 4.21-GameWorks. What you showed on your screenshot doesn’t happen for me, not in deferred nor in forward so I’d guess there’s some on the merge on your custom engine?

Wasn’t soon but it’s now included on 4.21.

I added FleX to my 4.21 branches, thanks for the trashbyte and karma4jake for the FleX fixes (also added small credits section to my GW branches readme’s):
(just UE 4.21.2 and Nvidia FleX)
(4.21.2 and Nvidia Blast, FleX, Flow, HairWorks, HBAO+, TXAA, VXGI 2)
(4.21.2 and Nvidia Blast, FleX, Flow, HairWorks, HBAO+, TXAA, VXGI 2, WaveWorks)

thank you very much for these new branches with flex included

You are a genious. You are big !!

@ I compile your 4.21-flex,but get some error.
25>H:\Source\ue4_gameworks\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Editor\BehaviorTreeEditor\Private\DetailCustomizations\BlackboardSelectorDetails.cpp(173): error C4800: Implicit conversion from ‘const wchar_t *’ to bool. Possible information loss
25> H:\Source\ue4_gameworks\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Editor\BehaviorTreeEditor\Private\DetailCustomizations\BlackboardSelectorDetails.cpp(173): note: consider using explicit cast or comparison to nullptr to avoid warning
25> [2/235] Module.DetailCustomizations.1_of_4.cpp
25>H:\Source\ue4_gameworks\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Misc/Attribute.h(43): error C4800: Implicit conversion from ‘const OtherType’ to bool. Possible information loss

@xermao are those just intellisense errors? if so, it’ll still compile fine. FleX changes don’t touch behavior trees so you probably see the same warnings if you compile regular 4.21 as well.

I fix problem as @ said,but another problem appear.
in picture,if a cloth is not on the floor,it is fine,but when it fall to the floor,there will be a weird shadow.

Hello. I’m new in GameWorks.
Why can’t I get access to and https://github//UnrealEngine? I’ve lready linked my Epic Games and GitHub accounts. I also have already get Nvidea developer account.
I just need flex to my UE4 4.18 project…

You don’t need nvidia dev account to access ue4 forks but you do need to be logged in to github with the same account you linked to Epic to see these repositories. Also do note that if you just linked the accounts, the link can take few hours to work initially.

Have anybody tried to compilate 's builds with flex or gameworks for Linux? I’d tried 1.18, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21. But all of them were failed for me on ‘make’ stage.

Nvidia only provides Windows binaries for most of their GameWorks integrations, for Blast you get only Win64 for example unless you compile Win32 from Blast sources (which are not provided in these integrations anyway). There might be some tech there that would work on linux if used alone, like Nvidia FleX when used with cuda, but most things require Windows. Some of the techs (like Nvidia Flow) are also DirectCompute only, so they rely on Windows due to directx 11+ requirement, there’s nothing you can do about .

Is it officially dead? In the recent 4.23 Release Highlight livestream at 1:17:52 it’s mentioned that they have no plans to continue to work on SVOGI however Epic’s SVOGI implementation hasn’t been active in years so it can be assumed that they are talking about Nvidia’s VXGI? Hopefully we will still get an updated 4.23 build for all the gameworks features as they offer many features which are still not implemented in the default engine. Even while we now have DXR global illumination and SSGI there is still many upsides to using VXGI in certain situations so one can only hope.

doing god’s work. Any plans for 4.23 Integration.

Hey. Thank you for your hard work! There is already a version of Flex 4.22 https://github/xoyojank/UnrealEngine/tree/4.22-FleX from xoyojank. The UE4 engine version 4.23 has already been released. When can you expect UE4 Flex 4.23? I wanted to get started immediately on UE 4.23 Flex.