NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Can water be made using Niagara? Like is done in Flex.

I’ve noticed that BLAST works as a plugin instead of requiring a source build. But hasn’t been updated in a year
 Anyone worked with it and could share some experience?

@ - I’ve got a very basic merge of HairWorks into 4.23, it needs some more massaging particularly in terms of replacing calls to SetRenderTarget with BeginRenderPass/EndRenderPass and maybe a couple of other things before it’ll start compiling all the way. Are you interested in taking a look if I set it up on a github branch? We can probably look at xoyojank’s Flex 4.22 to get some ideas there.

Maybe collaborate on it.

I’ll welcome any help on these, but unfortunately I’m still missing a dev computer that’s powerful enough to build UE 4.20+ in reasonable amount of time. On the bright side, I got all new Ryzen rig parts except the CPU. Sadly AMD is still silent about 3950X release date, I was hoping it would have been out early September but even 3900X stocks are nonexisting atm so it could still take months to get it .

Afaik, the Blast plugin Epic integrated to UE4 is only used with Chaos but I haven’t really examined how they utilize it there. Unless they’ve changed it recently, it doesn’t work with on the stock UE4 setup like Nvidia’s own Blast integration does.

Just be aware that the linked branch doesn’t render FleX fluids atm, just porting that to 4.23 would still have that same limitation. Can’t give any estimates on 4.23 from my end atm for reasons mentioned above messages.

The main right now is the 4.22+ changes on the rendering side. It may or may not be complicated but my current iteration times are just unbearable with these engine versions so holding off all bigger changes until I get things running smoothly again. And even then, there’s no promises that these are something I can fix but at least iteration times will be bearable again. Of course anyone who’s up for the challenge can still pick these up and try to solve the issues on their own (and hopefully share ).

https://gameworksdocs.nvidia/Blast/1.1/authoring_docs/BlastUe4_QuickStart.html

clearly states there is adedicated plugin instead of custom build that in theory should work outside of nvidia and chaos.
What I like in it is that the chunks are being generated, so they do not use up too much geometry right away
 a few poly wall is few poly wall until it is damaged.
I also like how the “structure support” works in blast a lot better than in Chaos.

I may be able to help out there by setting up a build server from my old PC (has a 2600k, but it’d be dedicated, so not terrible) that I could give you access to. It’s kind of broken right now due to a harddrive failure though so I’ll have to put some work into getting that set up.

I’ll also have to figure out how to do automated builds and all that stuff too which might take me a bit.

Edit: Doing a test run on my new computer, we can probably just use it for a bit until the old one is set up. Got most of Jenkins set up already, just doing the git branching right now. Got an i9 9900k/64GB RAM in it so it should be fast.

At the very least that should get you some basic compile iteration times fast enough, I think.

Thanks for the offering but wouldn’t help much because the main for me right now are the iteration times, not that it reserves my computer during the builds. My current 3570k is probably little slower than 2600k but the difference isn’t going to be that dramatic.

For regular API updates, the slow build times hasn’t been that big of a deal as it’s pretty repetitive manual work in general. 4.22+ rendering changes require more experimenting though and is why I’m waiting to get my rig updated first.

Is it still possible to get flex on UE4.23? With all the changes made to the physics and the addition of chaos etc

I am not interested in the fluid rendering, only the particles for meshes to get soft bodies.

If possible, is anyone planning on doing the port to 4.23 ^^’?

how to build Houdini plugin in game work

Hello

We are creating a «TrinityMS»](https://trinityvideogame/) game using Unreal Engine 4.21 with GameWorks from you.
We met a problem that HairWorks reflect light from point light. The hair makes everything around it much lighter when there is a point light.
The problem doesn’t exist in UE4.19. But for creating the game we need to use UE 4.21 (or later) that makes hair to light.

is a video about problem

https://trinityvideogame/TrinityMS-UE_4_21.mp4

Would appreciate greatly if you could help us to solve problem.
Thank you

Hey, i have some troubles packaging the official 4.19.2 flex branch.
I’ve build it with VS2015, everything working smooth, but when i package it, it has some errors:

....]

D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(11): error C2504: 'AInfo': base class undefined
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(12): error C3646: 'Super': unknown override specifier
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(12): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2039: 'StaticConfigName': is not a member of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3861: 'StaticConfigName': identifier not found
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2039: 'AddReferencedObjects': is not a member of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Source\Flex\Classes/FlexFluidSurfaceActor.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor'
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C2065: 'AddReferencedObjects': undeclared identifier
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3083: 'Super': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(63): error C3083: 'WithinClass': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Intermediate\Build\Win64\PW_TopLessBell\Inc\Flex\FlexFluidSurfaceActor.gen.cpp(65): error C2614: 'AFlexFluidSurfaceActor': illegal member initialization: 'Super' is not a base or member

....]

D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Materials\MaterialExpressions.cpp(2548): warning C4996: 'UEnum::GetEnumName': GetEnumName is deprecated, call GetNameStringByIndex instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.
D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/Class.h(1808): note: see declaration of 'UEnum::GetEnumName'

....]

ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Flex\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\GameWorks\Flex\Binaries\Win64\PW_TopLessBell-Flex-Win64-Shipping.lib

Is there a nice workaround ? Can i just somehow delete the “AFlexFluidSurfaceActor” ? I’m pretty new to C++ so gives me much headaches, the more i do, the more i break.

Or is there a stable Version (maybe @0lentos) that allows to package the game without modification?
I couldn’t build @0lentos version on the first try, i think it’s because of my VS2015,2017,2019 mishmash. 2015 and 2019 are working, but 2017 seems to be very buggy

If it should work, I’ll do everything I can to migrate to a better version, but atm I’m not sure about it
 help pls :slight_smile:

is a known with the nvidia’s own branch, I have fixes for it (I should probably just rename the branch to 4.19-FleX as it doesn’t look like Nvidia is merging my PR for the fixes):
https://github//UnrealEngi
PR-FleX-4.19.2

Actual PR : /pull/523

Basically you can just use that PR-FleX-4.19.2 branch as is, it only contains UE 4.19.2 and Nvidia FleX or alternatively copy the fixes over manually, all changes are in 3 commits.

That looks alarming :slight_smile: I didn’t make the HairWorks port initially myself so I have to recheck the changes to see what could have possibly made the difference. Is simple to repro using stock hairworks samples?

Today I will check the standard hairstyles. I will write later.
Thank you so much!

@**: **Compie Gamework 4.21 + Wavework with TrueSky Plugin give me error, i tried it with source build 4.21.2 from epic games and it can complie,
How can I fix it?? If you can let me know, thank you!

2>  [1/1] UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll
2>     Creating library K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\TrueSkyPlugin\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.suppressed.lib and object K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\TrueSkyPlugin\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.suppressed.exp
2>Module.TrueSkyPlugin.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl FD3D12CommandListHandle::AddUAVBarrier(class FD3D12Resource *)" (?AddUAVBarrier@FD3D12CommandListHandle@@QEAAXPEAVFD3D12Resource@@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl FD3D12DynamicRHI::TransitionResourceWithTracking(class FD3D12CommandListHandle &,class FD3D12Resource *,enum D3D12_RESOURCE_STATES,unsigned int)" (?TransitionResourceWithTracking@FD3D12DynamicRHI@@SAXAEAVFD3D12CommandListHandle@@PEAVFD3D12Resource@@W4D3D12_RESOURCE_STATES@@I@Z)
2>K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
2>UnrealBuildTool : error : UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: K:\UnrealEngine-4.21 (2)\Engine\Plugins\TrueSkyPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TrueSkyPlugin.dll
2>                        (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
2>Total build time: 73.57 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run  command.
2>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

Yes.
I checked. problem with stock hairworks samples too.

We really hope for your help.
Thank you so much.

@WindyStrife I don’t think I have active access to TrueSky anymore but step one in trying to solve that would be to see where function actually is now:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __cdecl FD3D12CommandListHandle::AddUAVBarrier(class FD3D12Resource *)"

So it is possible!

Have you made any progress? I have a project using hairworks on 4.21 and would love to update it!