NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Im getting error everytime i tried to run setup, any ideas?

Your folder path is too long (UE4 itself has pretty long path and your system path + ue4ā€™s paths just donā€™t fit into that limitation). Place ue4 closer to root folder to fix it.

Thank you for . We found that it seems impossible to apply Waveworks to static grid objects in Waveworks testing. When we use Waveworks StaticMesh component, it will cause engine crash directly. Even the blueprint of Waveworks testing project itself is the same. seems normal in 4,20 Waveworks?

BUG has been found in the current testing of Waveworks, and other content runs perfectly.

Has anyone tried using flex with 4.21? i mean does it work at all for you?

error only not success

any body merge cataclysm 4.19 in gameworks 4.19??? 4.19 cata work fine but single only

hi can you try again your 4.21 flex branch i think main conflict particle because Niagra particle is new added

The main with FleX is just the work amount, I havenā€™t encountered any showstoppers there, I just simply donā€™t have time to fix all the issues. Main thing that will keep people busy who will try to port it to 4.21 is the physics changes but you can find plenty of examples of the new physics interface on the code base ( is how I ported Blast to 4.21).

Hi, Iā€™m working on a archviz scene for my portifolio and I really need help
iā€™m doing a beach scenery restaurant and using waveworks 4.19, but iā€™m facing a real hard time to capture the shore beach sand and make waves workingā€¦ what exactly I need to do to make the waves on shore working like the demo gdc scene that comes with custom build editor? I selected the ā€œWaveWorksShorelineCaptureā€ and tried all three options available: render scene primitives and selecting the static mesh of beach sand, legacy or visible only, nothing works :frowning:

I didnā€™t find any useful docs or youtube videos that can helping me out on one, then I gave up and getting in touch

[SIZE=16px] [SIZE=16px] [SIZE=16px] [SIZE=16px] [SIZE=16px] Hi, uhm, not sure if is the right place to ask but iā€™ll just go ahead.

Right, so, i recently downloaded WaveWorks branch of the NvPhysX fork of Unreal Engine, i followed all the steps, extracted it, ran setup.bat, then ran GenerateProjectFiles.bat then opened UE4.sln in visual studio, built UE4 and then built ShaderCompileWorker, once done i tried debugging it or opening the editor manually from within the downloaded files but it just opens the default project selector that i get when i open ue4 from the epic games launcher, i canā€™t see any example/sample projects and when i make a new project thereā€™s no sign of waveworks in there at all, any help would be very appreciated. Sorry if the answer is obvious but iā€™m kinda stuck , worst part is i feel like the hard part should be overā€¦

Thanks in advance

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px] [SIZE=16px] [SIZE=14px]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

The waveworks sample project should be accessible through navigating to your engine directory (the waveworks one you compiled). Check the folders there and open it through the uproject.

Hi Brian,
thanks for repply, I made some progress

but I canā€™t capture the shoreline correctly and donā€™t know why
the render target camera is already positioned on top of the area I need to be captured, it also show the visible elements on render target texture, but it doesnā€™t render the texture correctly when I hit to capture, aways show blank or very weird shapesā€¦ the fun fact is, I migrate the necessary stuff from gdc map to my project, and still having problems. To make sure is something I did wrong or missed, I opened the island map from gdc project again, and start modifying map a little on landscape editor, just for take a look if going to capture the new shoreline terrain edited on landscape, andā€¦ yeah, it captured but, not getting the new details I sculped on landscape, also the new captured texture is way too different from the one that comes with the project, and the shoreline waves behavior on the new captured texture didnā€™t works well with the new details on the landscape.

right now Iā€™m using the texture from gdc and positioned to my XY location of my map to have the waves on my beach, itā€™s not perfect like I can capture my own shoreline texture, but its a start anywayā€¦ going to use until someone can give me a better info on whats going on.

still testing, and as you can see the foam is not smooth to the beach sand because is not my shoreline texture, I hope I can make working as intended for my project.

any update flex 4.21???

Thanks -

Can report back even a novice with some patience can be successful with 0lentos 4.19 build. My very first exploration into Unreal engine was through compiling his 4.19+++ (indicated as the most stable) fork after seeing Youtube videos of FLEX. I found nothing missing Unreal engine or Gameworks wise from versions 20 and 21 release notes I absolutely had to have. Almost compiled it twice because it was missing pages of errors and a build failure when I came back. Flawless victory and it loaded. wow. Accidentally started it on the box before new graphics card was in and was shocked to realize it will actually run the FLEX demo (poorly) on the integrated chipset.

Still working to fully understand collision but managed to make a few demos of my own very quickly. Never realized the lighting features are so nice. Gameworks is much different than what I expected. I would not have poorly fought through compiling the 2 parts that were wanted much less the rest just to find out if they would behave/interact and chug/perform together. Thanks so much for 0lentos part in helping to bridge a very big gap past the demos without all the frustration. Now if things are not perfect at least we know the putting the time in is worth it. Who knows I might actually help build something someday and contribute! Heres to hoping your future projects go well and you get some help on 21 for those that need it!

TL;DR If your just looking and confused I approve of 0lentos 4.19 Its stable enough, easy to build, and lots of fun to play with!

to say thank you to @ for his work incorporating GameWorks into the UE4 source. Iā€™m successfully running 4.20 + GameWorks and actually was able to successfully merge another branch in for the work Iā€™m doing.

Keep it up man, canā€™t wait to check out 4.21 once you get Flex working.

any of getting vxgi 1 with gameworks on 4.20? vxgi 2 kinda lacks some functionality compared to previous version so getting it would be cool

I am prbly going to manually add VXGI 1 into 4.20 soon so I will link it. I donā€™t use git though so I will have to see about that so the DL isnt 10 gigsā€¦

If you are trying yourself you have to change a few things in vxgirendering.cpp where it buffers prevviewmatrices to just viewmatrices and declare a few extra things

Updated 4.21-GameWorks and 4.21-Physics to 4.21.2 and fixed some compilation warnings from Waveworks (doesnā€™t change any functionality, only suppresses the warnings):

https://github//UnrealEngine/tree/4.21-Physics

And before you ask again, no news on FleX, by the looks of it weā€™ll not be having 4.21 version unless someone picks it up and fixes the remaining issues.

Volumetric light?