NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Thank you . Yudaman!

Is there any way to enable flex collision with skeletal mesh per poly?

I only have it on Gameworks versions, but I still will try your solutions.

@ When I turned of media/WMF I was able to build the project. If you donā€™t mind I will test your new repo bit later.

repo works thanks for your help.

Thatā€™s nice to hear. Iā€™ve pushed the change into main repo now as well: so hoping people will not stumble on anymore.

Please accuse my ignorance but why canā€™t we just download custom pre-compiled versions of ue4? Does anyone have a link to completed compile versions, or do customs versions of ue4 just not work like ?

because the source is like 1-2GB plus a 3-4Gb download when building it, fully compiled it gets to around 60Gb.
itā€™s super easy to compile it as well

@GallonmateYou canā€™t distribute UE4 editor freely outside of github fork due to the licensing limitations. There are two ways to get modified Unreal to people: either via fork from official repo or binaries distributed via Epic Launcher, which they donā€™t offer for custom builds like these, they only offer service for select partners that wish to add modding option for their game and custom UE4 engine version is then distributed through Epic Launcher by Epic itself.

Even if self hosting was allowed (which it is not), most people wouldnā€™t have even resources to host amount of data for others while providing it for free. Github fork with source code distribution is only viable option.

Apologies if isnā€™t the right place for . My VXGI is visible in-editor, but disappears when played. See attached. The first is in-editor, the second after playing in selected viewport. I am out of my depth to even have a working compiled github forkā€¦ if anybody can help, thanks.

Hi, I would like to use the NVIDIA GameWorks but link does not work () ! I found File (https://github/NVIDIAGameWorks/FleX) but there is no Setup.exe or .bat to run .
there is only the demo and I can not find any other files

To access any UE4 fork, you need to link your github account with your epic/ue4 account (just like you had to link your github account with nvidia to get access to NVIDAGameWorks).

Instructions : https://www.unrealengine/en-US/ue4-on-github

Iā€™m finding the same exporting video through Sequencer ā€“ no VXGI. It looks like all the other post processes are there, with only VXGI dropping out. Has anyone else run into ?

Looks like HBAO is dropping out as well in the video export. Hires screenshot does export with both VXGI and HBAO. The cinematic toggle is already disabled in my video export ā€“ is there a way to get video capture to copy the on-screen editor like a hires screenshot?

Any info on release timing for VXGI 4.20? Weā€™re using vxgi for some cinematic stuff, and with the new DOF in 4.20, it would be great to have the 2 merged!

Backstory:
Weā€™re a small indie team of game devs working on our first independent game. The tech weā€™re using is UE4.19 with VXGI2.0 (/tree/VXGI2-4.19)

Issue:
In order to make it easier for our designers and artists (which arenā€™t technical) to work with the engine, Iā€™m building a binary version of the editor so they can sync it from P4 and not have to compile the engine (most have never even heard of Visual Studio).
I built a binary version of the engine, which built successfully with no errors or warnings.
However, when I open the editor it immediately crashes, spitting out the following error, that from what I can tell, is happening because of VXGI:
(if anyone has any info it would be extremely helpful, one is a big production blocker right now)

LoginId:f7f8170d492b29bc6c4aa180f5afe7f6
EpicAccountId:9d933abc05984983ac8ca826e16025d9

Assertion failed: VXGIDLLHandle [File:G:\EDN_P4V\UE4_Github\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsPlatformMisc.cpp] [Line: 2644]

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:419]
UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::LoadVxgiModule() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:2645]
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore!FWindowsPlatformApplicationMisc::LoadPreInitModules() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\applicationcore\private\windows\windowsplatformapplicationmisc.cpp:38]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::LoadPreInitModules() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2419]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:1499]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:127]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:144]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [g:\edn_p4v\ue4_github\unrealengine\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:223]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253]

ntdll

@ ā€“ can you confirm that your VXGI is showing up in your video captures? Iā€™m trying to troubleshoot, and so far I donā€™t know if is a common problem or specific to my installā€¦

@ Your 4.19 branch works like a charm currently no errors except wmf media but not really a problem. But i was wondering which tech is included in: https://github//UnrealEngiā€¦e/4.20-Physics Thank you for your time man :slight_smile:

I believe that branch is similar to his 4.19-Physics branch, which "adds support for contact modifications and fixed timestepping for ". The 4.19-Physics-GW branch adds that and the GameWorks magick. We can only assume heā€™ll do the same with 4.20!

Hello Everyone! :slight_smile:

Is there anyone who has a ready integration of Unreal Engine 4 with GameWorks and TrueSky? Alternatively, can somebody help with integration? Thanx :slight_smile: