NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Along with 's question about HBAO+ getting updated, are there any plans on adding the rest of ShadowLib to the UE4? Specifically PCF, PCSS, and HRTS? Would be rather useful for a project, and with Flow/Volumetric Lighting added now, I think it may be the last GameWorks tech not available yet.

Well, it took more time than i anticipated from Monday to now , on and off, but i finally got VXGI working on 4.15

Renamed account from Xenthor

v=xJIexU_Okpg

edit: @ i can’t seem to reproduce your? video below
[SPOILER]v=XfIfJ0zZjwA[/SPOILER]

Ohhh, can’t wait for Volumetric Lights!

Fully turned my focus on 4.15.1.

I most likely won’t share any 4.15 build for now. They’re requiring more work and might be ‘hacky’ and there.

Upgraded from 4.15 to 4.15.1 and brought Hairworks in.

watch?v=WAV-nyLhbE4

Also busy working on unannounced FPS game ! Can’t play with UE build all day long :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone experience working with the Flex branch ? I’m trying to make my characters collide with flex particles but they only collide if the colliders of the skeletal mesh (inside PhaT editor) are Box, Sphere or Sphyl. If I use a single convex hull for a bone as a collider (by right clicking on the bone and then “Add body”) then the Flex particles will ignore the collider.

To rephrase the question, are Flex particles able to collide against a skeletal mesh with “Enable Per Poly Collision” activated ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

you used a simple texture for material.as i described in my uploaded image when i use “Layer Blend” node in material editor for painting on a landscape fatal error occurred not a simple texture without using weighting.

which layer blend is it? can’t seem to find it out

1)in material editor window on “Palette” tab drag and drop a “LanscapeLayerBlend” into material editor area.a “Layer Blend” node will be created.
2)while “Layer Blend” node is selected create two or more layers in “Details” tab.by using “+” button
3)create two or more Textures in material editor and connect those to “Layer Blend” node .
4)connect “Layer Blend” node to “Base Color”

after i creating material way and assign it to Landscape when i click on “Paint” in “Landscape” mode unreal get crash with fatal error

Ok i can reproduce it now :smiley: Ironically it works fine on 4.15 but it indeed crashed on 4.14.X

Looking fast it might come from “FPrimitiveSceneInfo::AddStaticMeshes” in Runtime/Renderer/Private/PrimitiveSceneInfo.cpp

OK.Thank you.I will test it.

I haven’t shared 4.15 VXGI yet, and do’nt intend to in near future, i’m looking to fix your on 4.14.3 and will update the github link in my signature if i figure it out.

I’ve narrowed down the to

template<typename LightMapPolicyType>
void Process(…])
{
DrawList.AddMesh(…]
TVXGIVoxelizationDrawingPolicy<LightMapPolicyType> <- is the one crashing
…])
}

in VxgiRendering.cpp

I can’t spend more time on but if anyone wanna try to fix , ti’s all coming from there.

When can I see an update about WaveWorks?

@. - Could you write a quick tutorial on how to merge the branches from nvidia github for someone who hasn’t done it before or point to a tutorial you would reccommend. Thanks in advance.

Try to turn off vxgi in the main material options. May help.

Ok just to update, seems like Flex particles in their current state are unable to collide against complex geometry attached to a skeletal mesh. can anyone confirm ? thanks in advance.

Can confirm. I can’t make Flex Cloth to collide against Skeltal Mesh (either complex geometry or physical asset).

Have you both checked the Ragdoll test map? there’s clearly collision with the ragdoll which is a SkeletalMeshActor using physics asset. The ‘per-poly’ isn’t working, but it isn’t that surprising?

Just made small test:

v=w2T3I8QDvZM

Did anybody try to test Flex 1.1 on AMD gpu?

Did not, but by default it’s not using any CUDA technology, so it should render as well. It all relies on, and even got ported to so…!

It only works if skeletal mesh is root. It doesn’t work with with something like character setup.