NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

from vxgi 4.12 to current version when i want paint on a landscape in editor unreal get crash and editor closes with a fatal error.

When I start flex map example everything fine. When I add new mesh and try add flex soft asset in flex menu, itā€™s crash.

And screen of problem

Oh iā€™ll wait for ! by the way. I downloaded your 4.15 vxgi+hairworksā€¦ branch and after i compiled it says 4.14.3.

yes, itā€™s not supported yet there, i havenā€™t made the jump to 4.15 yet, i started working on upgrading to 4.15 from fork on my local computer, but it didnt work out. As it is, and if you check the branch historic, youā€™ll realised itā€™s merely a copy of the 4.14.3 VXGI/FLEX/ā€¦ branch. I should probably delete it.

edit: iā€™ve just deleted it :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I use version of UE4 on Mac?
I canā€™t build it with Xcode 8.1.
is error logs:

In file included from Runtime/Engine/Public/SkeletalMeshTypes.h:16:
Runtime/Engine/Classes/Materials/MaterialInterface.h:149:19: error: ISO C++ forbids forward references to ā€˜enumā€™ types
TEnumAsByte<enum EVxgiMaterialSamplingRate> VxgiMaterialSamplingRate;

In file included from Runtime/Engine/Public/MeshBatch.h:5:
Runtime/Engine/Public/MaterialShared.h:1001:10: error: unknown type name ā€˜FVxgiMaterialPropertiesā€™
virtual FVxgiMaterialProperties GetVxgiMaterialProperties() const { return FVxgiMaterialProperties(); }
^
Runtime/Engine/Public/MaterialShared.h:1001:77: error: use of undeclared identifier ā€˜FVxgiMaterialPropertiesā€™; did you mean ā€˜GetVxgiMaterialPropertiesā€™?
virtual FVxgiMaterialProperties GetVxgiMaterialProperties() const { return FVxgiMaterialProperties(); }

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                               GetVxgiMaterialProperties

Runtime/Engine/Public/MaterialShared.h:1001:34: note: ā€˜GetVxgiMaterialPropertiesā€™ declared
^

tell me its ok to use that branch xD

itā€™s like you were using the 4.14.3 branch, itā€™s the same ^^.

Iā€™m porting VXGI to 4.15 at very moment.

love you man! haha dont forget volumetric lighting!

HA! Best timing ever; I tried downloading and compiling that one last night and when I booted it up I saw it was just 4.14 and I was like, ā€œWaaaaaait a secondā€¦ā€
Canā€™t wait for 4.15 + VXGI! Itā€™s my dream come true. The other stuff like Flex and Hairworks are wonderful, but unnessessary; vxgi IS a requirement I have right meow, thoughā€¦ Also volumetric lighting, but that can wait.

PS: how have you added a signature to your posts linking to your branch? I have been digging around site and I just canā€™t find that setting anywhere! Itā€™s driving me bananas, because itā€™s probably insanely obvious and staring me in the face! XD

Edit: It totally was.

Iā€™ll check locally and update post

edit: Ok, i can reproduce your . After further look, it looks like thereā€™s some real difference between Flex version and the one published recently. merged build is actually almost 1.5 month old and use a beta version of the recently released Flex.

edit-edit: iā€™ve now updated to most recent Flex, please re-download

Iā€™ve just finished updating Flex to its latest update. Please re-download the build. Your is now fixed

Hi xenthor. from vxgi 4.12 version to 4.14 (with Nvidia branch) when i want paint a meterial on a landscape unreal get crash and editor closes with a fatal error.can you check if problem is in your branch.if exist please resolve that bug.

Is version of flex 1.1? And Flex contains waveworks?

Hey everyone !

Just built the VRWorks 4.14 branch today and I have to say I am quite impressed by the performance gain with Lens Matched Rendering (we observed up to half the performance gain on GPU frametime) !
That said most of our projects and blueprints have been moved to 4.15 for various reasons.

Is there any plans to branch VRWorks to UE 4.15 any soon ? Or is there a simple (ie donā€™t dive too much into the source code) way to merge the current 4.14 branch to 4.15 manually ?

Cheers

Can you describe your exact step by step way to reproduce please?

Itā€™s Flex 1.1 taken from the most recent update from Nvidia 8 days ago. I updated the package last night, iā€™ll recommend downloading it again if you download it earlier.

Does HBAO+ work with the forward renderer in UE4?

Is there a reason why the HBAO+ branch was not updated for 2 years now? I see that HBAO+ is also part of the VXGI branch, but I dont need VXGI and I would like to keep my UE4 as close to original as possible.

Also, why is the HBAO+ still on version 2.4.0.19336705 on the VXGI branch while 3.1.0.21602716 is already available in the non-ue4 repo?

[SIZE=3]xenthor is step by step way to reproduce my :[/SIZE]

Nice, the error code is pretty explicit, iā€™ll look into that!

Thanks, I have download it and didnā€™t found any thing about waveworks. I guess flex1.1 doesnā€™t contain waveworks!