NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Looks good! Why aren’t you sharing your 4.15 build? I’m sure there’s several people it could help!

Sorry, I am only able to comment on Flex release schedule. I am not sure the status of Waveworks integration.

Thanks for putting together !

Can you be more specific about your character setup? Is not a skeletal mesh actor? Or it is parented to some other actor somehow?

Just use ACharacter as base. It have Capsule component as root, and Skeletal Mesh is child of capsule. In setup Flex Cloth doesn’t collide with skeletal mesh.
Attaching Flex component as child to skeletal mesh, doesn’t fix anything.

Same for me. 4.14.3 VXGI branch . Also, enabling directional light VXGI indirect lighting crashes the editor.

Just a note to say that the official Flex and Flow integrations into UE 4.15.0 are now available :

/tree/FleX-4.15.0
/tree/NvFlowPlugin-4.15

+1 with . I guess @. has reasons not to share the build at the moment but it would really help if he has plan to in the future. Since @ has paused his integration build progress, it looks like he’s our only hope for the GameWorks custom builds :slight_smile:

is great. Thanks guys! I just tested flow and it looks beautiful. Solid fuel map is especially interesting. Is there any documentation?

I had a look at the NvFlowPlugin, am I to understand that NvFlow is a plugin to be used on any branch of UE4?

Is there any way to change a staticmesh asset Flex Asset parameter to (cloth,solid or soft) with c++ at runtime without using the staticmesh editor?

As stated on github “The integration is mostly isolated to a plugin, with minimal code added to the engine.” so as i understand its not entirely plugin.

There’s a bug in the Volumetric Lighting branch when using render targets (in my case using scene capture 2d with a scene capture component in my character blueprint drawn to the HUD). Things get way brighter than they should be. With Volumetric Lighting Intensity at 1 things still look pretty normal but if it is changed to 20 there’s a huge change when compared to what happens within the viewport.

Thanks Nvidia team !

v=LpJ8R3XsAOE

Can’t wait for the 4.15 VXGI branch as it will finally mix AFR (sli) and VXGI. (hopefully)
We use it for visualizations and for a ton of modifications on the fly, VXGI really pays off in spite of it’s limitations. It’s however very taxing in 4k so hopefully with SLI support we’ll see it go to fluid frame rates.

Oh,no! I really look forward to use waveworks ue4.14 or4.15. Why not update recently? Is branch a state of no maintenance?

[QUOTE=.;681974]
Thanks Nvidia team !

Might you have any knowledge of when the VXGI branch might be updated to 4.15?

Well… Since @. deleted the other thread… I wouldn’t hold your breathe that he’ll release his. If nobody else releases a version, or if NVIDIA doesn’t upgrade it within the next few days then sometime next week I’ll probably upgrade it myself…

Nothing yet on the 4.15 VRworks branch ? :frowning:

I understand me spending hours and even days putting together VXGI, Hairworks and Flex together on 4.14.3 and sharing it for free for the community isn’t enough for you, no need to over-dramatize really.

Why Flow is limited within GridActor ?
Wasn’t the point of flow to work without such arbitrary limitations ? It severely limits it’s usefulness only to statically placed .