NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Is that the same as permanent deformation? As I have implemented that in my merged branch, so will be available in my 4.11 one coming soon.

can you make a video of what your branch is capable of? Like guy, who making Flex plugin for unity: watch?v=2kh6x3ypJs0

No offense man, I guess you know your craft, but explain it to other is another craft, with your branch I could not do anything, while the official Flex branch from Malkin with examples is much more helpful, even though it lacks features. I understand that you do not owe me anything, so consider just a friendly suggestion

Yes! You are the best, waiting for your 4.11 release. Thank you!

I update thread whenever I have something new to show. I understand thread is long and probably not worth skimming, but I dont really have the skill or the right software to do walkthru videos. Just look at my youtube channel and youā€™ll see they are mostly 10 or 30 second clips (until FRAPS stopped recording).

Maybe if someone wants to offer doing the videos, Iā€™ll show them the features, otherwise yeah probably aint gonna happen.

Hey there. Any luck with the Volumetric Lighting issues yet ?

Thanks Iā€™m glad to know ā€¦! that it will come soon.!

Not yet, waiting for an addition from NVIDIA to support reverse Z projection, then I might be able to get it to work.

@ I can make the video tutorials! I will have time after April 15th.

IĀ“m just curious, and completely noob about , but how works the fallbacks to ATIs cards and Linux/Mac Games of .

Not sure on the NVIDIA branch, but in my branch, if u were to package for other OSā€™s it should just exclude the gameworks features, as they pretty much only support D3D, as for ATI, not entirely sure, would have to plugin my ATI card and see how it goes.

OK. But, how works WITHOUT? A flat material for WaveWorks as example? And for VXGI, all black colors for penumbra areas?

You would have to plan ahead, for WaveWorks, u just would not get anything, so ud have to have a fallback. and for GI, thats a challenge, best would be to have GI lights and Non GI lights and switch them out, so really its up to you as a developer to have these workarounds in place.

For WaveWorks, I was reading and need a licence. So, its out to me.
For VXGI, i think its a HUGE expensive for hardware. So, its out to me.

But, I really want to make a good visual for my game, so, what you recommend for the Ocean (Physical) and for the light, is a good path using Distance Field AO + Skylight for ā€œsimulateā€ a GI?

WaveWorks needs a separate license? Its not governed under the same as the other integrated GameWorks techs? Maybe wants to chip in about that. Otherwise canā€™t really help for your questions. Check out the community ocean and AHR

ā€œNVIDIA WaveWorks enables developers to deliver a cinematic-quality ocean simulation for interactive applications. The simulation runs in the frequency domain using a spectral wave dispersion model. An inverse FFT step then transforms to the spatial domain ready for rendering. The NVIDIA WaveWorks simulation is initialized and controlled by a simple C API and the results are accessed for rendering through a HLSL shader API. Parametrization is via intuitive real-world variables, such as wind speed and direction. These parameters can be used to tune the look of the sea surface for a wide variety of conditions - from gentle ripples to a heavy storm-tossed ocean based on the Beaufort scale.
Please contact us for Licensing inquiries.ā€

Already checked.

But thank you.

Hey When you get around to working on the 4.11 integration, are you still planning on including HairWorks? I havenā€™t seen much talk on that in a while. In fact, the last time I checked in, you had said HairWorks wasnā€™t ready for any kind of production. Have you made further progress since last year?

Cheers,

If VXGI isnā€™t available, just tick on LPVs instead. Theyā€™re less accurate and are about the same performance hit (if VXGI is on the lowest settings) but itā€™ll work on AMD just fine. Only drawback is the obvious one, that LPVs will only work for the main directional light so itā€™s not suitable for indoors.

I have reached very, very good results with LPV. Last Time IĀ“ve tested was 4.8. I think in 4.9, has a Lion Heads push to GIT.
The main reason that I seek for GI solution its because the light coming from windows, doors and holes. is a significant visual effect that I need.

Thank You.

Glad I could help!

I still recommend having VXGI as an option in the project for those who can use it, there are a lot of things you can do with it that LPV just canā€™t handle due to its (unfortunately, incomplete) implementation. I wish Lionhead were still around, maybe one day we would have seen the finished LPV code imported into the core engine but itā€™s looking like that may never come to pass now.

Still, it is a good backup plan regardless. Personally, I would recommend having a separate GI option in the settings menu, where you have None, then LPVs, then VXGI at the lowest possible settings, then VXGI with a mapsize of 64, and finally VXGI at the default settings. Itā€™ll give good coverage for a wide range of cards on both teams, and itā€™ll let the lighting in the game age better over time as more and more of the market is capable of using it.

I Understand, and I like the plan. And VXGI is free? I was more interested in WaveWorks, but WaveWorks needs licence.
I did not know VXGI was able to use. Because the results you see at youtube, are very heavy. And youā€™re telling me is to decrease the parameters to get the best results?