NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Gotcha. My experience with programming is limited to a semester of Basic in high school, and C++ for dummies. The fact that I made a blueprint to build the plane grid was an accomplishment.

Has anyone got Turbulence to work with VXGI - i.e. particles that contribute to the bounce lighting?

Nevermind - got it to work by changing the material of the particles to opaque.

Although it would be nice if vxgi would work with translucent materials (i.e. having color bleeding that affects the way smoke works).

Excuseļ¼ŒGRB and Flow, FlameWorks, VolumeLightļ¼ŒTureEffectsļ¼ŒHFTS will join the UE4 after itļ¼Ÿ

Oh god. nVidia Faceworks was public on github? Is there any tests on that using ue4?

Hey. Yea Iā€™m trying the same thing. Havenā€™t made any real progress yet, itā€™s more of a learning curve (a very, very steep one) :o

Is yours on Github ? The reason Iā€™m asking is I would like to know how you get access to the Device Context ? Do you make use of the FD3D11DeviceContext from FD3D11DynamicRHI ? Or do you create a new RHI Instance ?

EDIT: Never Mind. Got it working :slight_smile:

You got it all working? Or just getting the context? My main seems to relate to getting the right ViewProjection matrix for the shadow map and the right LightToWorld matrix. (Only working with directional lights thus far) If I debug using renderdoc, I can see that it is generating data, but it is being projected onto the near plane only.

No only got the right Context, so Iā€™m very far behind youā€¦

In the VXGI GDC Slides, the slides that describe the performance of VXGI show two settings being changed: Number of cones and number of pixels traced. In Unreal, which setting modifies the pixels traced? It seems to be tracing sparsity, but if so, why can we trace only up to every 4th pixel, when the slides showed examples of tracing every 16th?

Hey guys. I see a lot of talk about AO and GI. Whatā€™s the status of HairWorks integration? Last I saw there seemed to be a problem with multiple lights and shadows, I think.

aaaaaaand 4.11 just kicked in! =D

Will get to work on my merged branch weekend. I really do hope someone speaks up about my Volumetric Lighting issues, would be nice to have that working in my merged branch.

Hello , I am trying your merged branch 4.9.2. Thanks very much for your work!
Do you plan to update your NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch into 4.10?
My project is in 4.10, it crashes everytime when I launch it in your merged branch 4.9.2ā€¦

Hey guys. When is the VXGI 4.11. build going to go up?

Hi can I use FLEX for character clothing? I know it is far more difficult to do that say Apex but from what I can see the solver is . With a bit of work I feel is possible. Also is FLEX integrated into the recent 4.11 release as I would like to use it in VR/Rift and the upcoming hotfix for Oculus SDK 1.3.

He mentioned multiple times that there is not going to be a 4.10 merge. Do you need 4.10? Because 4.11 is out know.

How long does it (almost) take for VXGI 4.11 to come out?

I wanted to integrate it too, but being an artist rather than a programmer I gave up after seeing there were no instructions:P

Depends on whether is extremely busy (as usual) or extraordinarily busy.
I suspect heā€™ll pop-up week to shed some light on though :rolleyes:

Any we get Plastic Deformations in UE4 Flex? Thank you