NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

sigh… life goes on.

Something must have gone wrong, maybe the curse of yesterday Friday the 13th? But today is a good day and I hope that it will released today /jk

Probably is something related to the GDC

I think you scared them away.

Me hopes not. Just trying to be funny you know O.O

Plus me got plenty of stuff that seriously needs some sort of workable GI solution that supports creating area lights and what else NV demonstrated in the early demos b4 it was called VXGI…me loves and can’t wait! :smiley:

If there are still issues to be ironed out I think we could live with that for while and putting it on Github like the others would give the opportunity for the community to jump in and help fix them - that’s what whole open/shared source is about, isn’t it?

Best regards

I hope it doesn’t get too much delayed until we get to test VXGI! :slight_smile:

Any news or anything on Turf ? Our project consist to 99% of nature so naturally I’ve become a proper chlorophile. Turf is my wettest dream.

lol that Adult Swim video made remember when they approached me asking if I’d like to use them as a publisher.
I was like “-Who the hell is Adult Swim?!” Later on I knew it’s a US tv channel…

Well, since things aren’t stable still, you guys could shift to UE4.7 anyway. 4.7 will be of great importance for general workflow improvement and having Gameworks already in when 4.7 is complete would be super great!

Hi guys,

Maybe I missed something about , but say that in the future all the delicious gameworks technology on nv branch integrated into main branch, are we as Unreal subscriber need to get the license from Nvidia Gameworks in order to make it to work? Or in the case of shipping the game that use some specific technology, say using only FLex or WaveWorks. Since I can’t seem to find licensing details on NVidia gameworks page

Thanks!

Thanks for VXGI branch!

But, it seems, it’s missing some libraries, like:

GFSDK_VXGI_x64.lib

Even after successful compilation (generated libs using dumpbin.exe & lib.exe from visual studio x64 command prompt) and updated the NvAPI lib (because of a linking error)
I get an exception:

Fatal error: [File:I:\UE4Nvidia\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 54]
Ran out of memory allocating 58731628704 bytes with alignment 0

is the full log: ://bit.ly/17pGFji

Ty guys at Nvidia! I’ll give it a shot tonight :smiley:

I am downloading the files and I fear to get same problems as you and . Where do you find those dumpbin.exe & lib.exe ?

Seems that a fixed build is up now.

EDIT:
Nevermind latest commit on github fixed it! Thank you!

19>Module.D3D11RHI.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol NvAPI_D3D11_CreateRasterizerState referenced in function "protected: struct nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::StateSet const & __cdecl nvgiutil::FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11::getStateSet(struct VXGI::RenderState const &)" (?getStateSet@FVXGIRendererInterfaceD3D11@nvgiutil@@IEAAAEBUStateSet@12@AEBURenderState@VXGI@@@Z)
19>D:\Unreal\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-D3D11RHI.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Doesn’t work.

Edit:
Tried to replace NVAPI with the one from
https://developer.nvidia/nvapi

But, turned out to not helping, just produce different kind of errors:

19>d:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source	hirdparty
vidia
vapi
vapi_lite_d3dext.h(56): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
19>          could be 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\minwindef.h(177) : unsigned int UINT'
19>          or       'd:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Misc/DisableOldUETypes.h(31) : DoNotUseOldUE4Type::UINT'
vidia
vapi
vapi_lite_d3dext.h(58): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
19>          could be 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\include\shared\minwindef.h(177) : unsigned int UINT'
19>          or       'd:\unreal\unrealengine-vxgi\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Misc/DisableOldUETypes.h(31) : DoNotUseOldUE4Type::UINT'
vidia
vapi
vapi_lite_d3dext.h(59): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
vidia
vapi
vapi_lite_d3dext.h(105): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
vidia
vapi
vapi_lite_d3dext.h(107): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
vidia
vapi
vapi_lite_d3dext.h(108): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
19>D:\Unreal\UnrealEngine-VXGI\Engine\Source\ThirdParty\NVIDIA
vapi
vapi.h(7394): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
vapi
vapi.h(7401): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol
vapi
vapi.h(7422): error C2872: 'UINT' : ambiguous symbol

Adding NVAPI libs missed by .gitignore./ one hour ago.

I hope that works now !

YAY Santa was …though the toys seem to be somewhat broken :confused:

I successfully built it with the latest additions but then trying to run the editor makes it explode trying to allocate a couple of Exabytes of RAM O.O

In solution explorer, under Programs, find ShaderCompilerWorker > Right click > Build.

Thank you very much, that worked beautifully! I guess I need to take it back, toys are NOT broken - just my understanding of things.

But hey, got VXGI today AND I learned something! Thanks guys :slight_smile:

You build it after you build the entire UE4 engine of version ?