NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

crashy crash mccrash crash

i was able to use it just fine a few weeks ago

Okay again, crash doesnā€™t really help when it comes to diagnosing the, when does it crash? in editor? in game? Does anything appear in the logs? Do you see any errors prior to the crash, what is the crash log? What are your PC specs? AMD/NVIDIA GPU? List anything you think you could to help me diagnose the.

I havenā€™t experienced any crashes personally except when initially setting up the WaveWorks actor, and im testing on two different machines (One is a laptop). Which I described in my setup guide, which is back a page or so. Which I also described as a Work In Progress and has the potential to crash.

I have completely revamped the WaveWorks integration as of last week, so what you used originally is basically a completely different thing now. If your willing to help then list as much info as you can, if your not, then roll back the changes to prior to me adding the quadtree rendering.

Galaxy i dont really like how they implemented the hairworksā€¦ they should change it!, i think im going to wait until you will release TressFX :slight_smile:

well, play with the wind setup, your hair will look natural, though, bare in mind that for character collisions, having hair flowing all around will only result of weird mesh penetration. Hair works is an amazing tool to use, but you should use it locally in your animation and set it up properly so it would look natural.

Thank you for noticing . There is nothing wrong with your setup or configuration, and there is a performance regression. And guessed right that itā€™s caused by refactoring: the new NVRHI backend works through UE RHI and it turns out that way is much more expensive on the CPU side. I didnā€™t anticipate that, so didnā€™t benchmark that change. Sorry about that.

Iā€™ll fix in the next few days.

To anyone who ever got the
ā€œfur strands share mesh vertices with other lines. they will not be exportedā€
error out of and couldnā€™t figure out why, I disabled Show End Result option and everything worked fine. Hopefully it does for you too!
26b1e9bf070de4c79205f2a6017bbea176d3e2b8.jpeg

So Iā€™ve been looking around, and had two questions.

First off, is VXGI the best dynamic GI solution we currently have? And if yes, when is it going to be implemented into the release branch of the normal Unreal Engine repository so it can be used for developing games, is there an ETA on ?

Itā€™s the only dynamic GI system that supports every type of light, that offers multibounce almost for free, and that has specular tracing as well. However, Epic is not going to integrate it directly, because they want to be completely vendor agnostic when it comes to integrating tech, and their target system spec is currently consoles, where tech wouldnā€™t be able to run at all because they arenā€™t fast enough. If you want to use it, your best bet is to grab it from /tree/VXGI-4.9 (or https://github/apanteleev/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9 for a slightly more up to date, experimental build).

Just wanted to add that there are two more GI systems. You have LPV, that itā€™s of low quality but dirty cheap, and then you have AHR( thatā€™s what Iā€™m working on), that provides a quality a bit lower than VXGI but runs faster. Also doesnā€™t supports point lights or multiple bounces yet, but it does supports reflections.
Thereā€™s also DFGI, but not sure on the state of that particular system, havenā€™t heard anything about it in a while.

DFGI is temporarily abandoned, the programmers that were assigned to it currently working on engine optimizations elsewhere. Using it right now is a pretty bad idea, itā€™s even more expensive than VXGI in its current state after some changes to how DFAO computes.

Hello Flex developers at Nvidia,

I was told that thereā€™d be support for the following in UE-Flex:

• plastic deformation
  • fracturable bodies
    Just wondering if thereā€™s any update on these fronts?
    Some additional questions of interest:
  • while Iā€™m pretty sure solid bodies can be rendered with global illumination via VXGI, what about fluid bodies?
  • can bubbles form if gas particles were released at depth within a body of liquid?
  • any plans to expose contact info via Blueprints yet? (Iā€™m currently only able to simulate various physical phenomena, but not get any much-needed state info out from it)
  • I was also told that Flex/ doesnā€™t compute actual contact forces involved in resting contact/sliding/impactā€¦wonder how haptics feedback(which is gaining momentum in VR development these days) is going to be possible? (unless the haptics device providers compute said forces within their own API, outside of the physics engine?)

Cheers!

I am on 4.92 or 4.10.

Can Galaxymans project be used with 4.92?

I will be upgrading the branch to 4.9.2 weekend if time allows. 4.10 wonā€™t happen until its officially released.

Google traductor: Thank you for such a wonderful job. After two days trying to read and understand some of the processes Finally Iā€™m happy with the results. I already have the branches VXGI, HBAO + WaveWorks, HairWorks, FLEX integrated into unreal engine 4.9.1 the cpu works between 10 12 and 17. in a large hair and other elements in the scene sceneā€¦! It is going great. Thank you ā€¦!

Hey ,

I worked through the crash issues I was having (old version of WaveWorks file, I think); I notice in the recent Git commits that you added support for translucent rendering, but I canā€™t for the life of me get it to work. Any tips?

(ps, thanks for all the work youā€™re putting into )

Its currently not working, I forgot to put to specify that in the git commit comments. Currently if you use translucency itā€™ll only render as transparent. Distortion and SSR donā€™t work - Possibly even separate translucency, didnā€™t test that. Plan is to get it all working over the weekend, as well as refactoring and moving to 4.9.2

I posted on unreal answers with no luck so far so I thought Iā€™d give the forums a try;
So I downloaded the .zip from , unzipped it with winrar, and ran setup.bat and then the GenerateProjectFiles.bat, I double-clicked UE4 in project files, In Visual Studio Community 2013 set solution configuration to Development_Editor, solution platform to x64 but when I build I get :

1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------ 1> The system cannot find the path specified. 1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ā€œā€¦\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Developmentā€ exited with code 3. ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Tell me what Iā€™m doing wrong.
I read : https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?70972-advice-needed-hair-solutions that all you have to do is download the hairworks version of unreal and go through the setup the way you would the vanilla source code. Do I need to use a git shell or something?

You appear to be missing some prerequisite required. Check if you have msbuild and .NET Framework 4.

Well I seem to have .NET Framework v3.5 - v4.5.1 and a few folders that say MSBuild but only one that has an application.