NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

Btw, I just noticed the link in your signature, How stable is your branch compared to the standalone hairworks branch?

From where did you get that Sponza map for UE4? Can you please give me a link or upload that map so I can try VXGI with it like you did? Thanks !

I would like that too

is a great thread! Thanks for all infos!

I have an with Flex ; the surface fluid shows only in 1 eye. Also from time to time, we can see the particles on top of the fluid surface.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

yea but thats not a solution to meā€¦ doesnt look natural to me. Imagine a Woman jumping off a moutain and the hair should go up and that doesnt really happing with the hairworksā€¦

://thumb7.shutterstock/display_pic_with_logo/186589/186589,1320734442,1/stock-photo-young-beautiful-woman-with-long-hair-on-a-summer-day-in-the-meadow-jumping-high-88335763.jpg

Some weirdness with WaveWorks (and for some reason I canā€™t insert the image proper): https://www.dropbox/s/jl4fj79qnx9akbz/waveworks.PNG?dl=0

(itā€™s an with motion blur, as I figured out).

It looks like the rendering artifact is still there, itā€™s just not nearly as pronounced.

For HairWorks, my branch should be as stable as the HairWorks branch, I have made no modifications to HairWorks in general, besides upgrading it to 4.9.1

[QUOTE=
yea but thats not a solution to meā€¦ doesnt look natural to me. Imagine a Woman jumping off a moutain and the hair should go up and that doesnt really happing with the hairworksā€¦

://thumb7.shutterstock/display_pic_with_logo/186589/186589,1320734442,1/stock-photo-young-beautiful-woman-with-long-hair-on-a-summer-day-in-the-meadow-jumping-high-88335763.jpg

[/QUOTE]

You have to work within the confines of what is available, if you are not happy with the results of HairWorks, then maybe HairWorks isnā€™t the product for you. Saying that, there are ways to improve the look of the simulation which I have already explained, it wonā€™t ever be perfect, but it will make it look a lot better and less stiff.

Never seen that artifact before, no idea whats going on there. What are your computer specs?

Windows 10, Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2594 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 24 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, 2 displays

Odd, canā€™t explain it, its as if the tessellation has gone bad. Like I said, I have never seen that happen. There are a few things I have to fix in regards to state handling, so hopefully they will fix that.

://www.crytek/cryengine/cryengine3/downloads

Latest update remedies the artifacts I was seeing as long as I stick to translucent rendering.

Some screens:

://static1.squarespace/static/5527220be4b0ab26ec1bb1c4/55e77aefe4b04b81f1eba211/562b5d48e4b0947cbf0725ee/1445682511115/max_new_05.PNG

://static1.squarespace/static/5527220be4b0ab26ec1bb1c4/55e77aefe4b04b81f1eba211/562b5d4de4b0be3275f7197b/1445682513579/max_05.PNG

Did you change anything in the material? Maybe something unique u have setup has caused the in Opaque rendering. If u have, can u please share ur changes? way I can test if I to get the. If not, then that is very odd, since u do have a high end GPU, I have a Titan X and yeah like I said no issues.

https://www.dropbox/s/bsl9r68x1m45wrv/m_waveworks.uasset?dl=0
https://www.dropbox/s/vdaiqweqw0i0zld/mi_waveworks.uasset?dl=0
https://www.dropbox/s/zyvt3wnbsqibkdv/waveworks.uasset?dl=0

those are my current working set

e8bf1656fecec9a98a94ecea18698a0f6f61bb80.jpeg

still cant get my morphers to work with hairworks
somebody knows a workaround? =)

Couldnā€™t see any problems with them. You might want to try unhooking the tessellation multiplier. Its not actually used, as WaveWorks has its own tessellation. I doubt it will do anything but its worth a shot.

HairWorks wonā€™t work with morphing, as its only aware of the bones of a skinned mesh as thats what is stored in the Hair file. It knows nothing about morphs. To use HairWorks with facial expressions, you would have to move to using bones.

uh i already thought soā€¦
thatā€™s a huge bummer, but maybe one day morphs will work =)

Please tell me there is a way to get the SSR back in the VXGI branch. I understand VXGI specular reflections donā€™t work on transparent materials but I tought I could turn off VXGI reflections and only keep the indirect illumination while profiting from the classic SSR/cubemaps.

I tried r.VXGI.CombineSpecularWithSSR r.VXGI.SpecularTracingEnable, also the buttons from the PostProcessVolume VXGI Specular (Enable Specular Tracing which, strangely, has 2 separate tick boxes (though you only seemingly choose 1 parameter).

ad3e684b1dc53186dbf7d6dd38c180900e4bd7b2.jpegsc02.jpg

Even a solution modifing the code would be very appreciated

Packaging Issues with VXGI, and VXGI-4.9 nvidia branches

Hi all,

Iā€™m new to the thread, and am having issues with packaging not working with vxgi branches.

I tried with same results for both the vxgi (4.8), and vxgi-4.9 branches of NvPhysX repository and they are working in the editor in standalone etc, but not when i try the launch button, or when i try to package for my win64 configuration. I get the same error in both of those cases.

These branches:
/tree/VXGI
https://github/apanteleev/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9

I get error when packaging:

LogPlayLevel: Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Stage Failed. Missing receipt ā€˜UE4Game-Win64-Development.target.xmlā€™. Check that target has been built.
LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at Project.CreateDeploymentContext(ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicatedServer, Boolean DoCleanStage)
LogPlayLevel: at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute()
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands)
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Action`1 Main, Object Param)
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 17.840130
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=Error_MissingExecutable
LogStats:Warning: MetaData mismatch. Did you assign a stat to two groups? New //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_c58_0///####STATCAT_Advanced#### old //STATGROUP_Threads//FLauncherTask///Thread_c3c_0///####STATCAT_Advanced####
LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log filesā€¦
LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 0.000291
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Missing UE4Game binary.
You may have to build the UE4 project with your IDE. Alternatively, build using UnrealBuildTool with the commandline:
UE4Game <Platform> <Configuration>

I was testing packaging wih the out-of-the-box SciFiHallway from Samples directory of the branches.

From seeing previous response (page 62) from to ā€¦:
https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&p=401654&viewfull=1#post401654

ā€¦I gathered that I need to build UE4 twice in visual studio: once in ā€˜Development Editorā€™ configuration, and once in ā€˜Developmentā€™ mode after to generate the UE4Game.exe. I get the same 7 errors the reports in post when trying to build in ā€˜Developmentā€™ configuration to generate UE4Game.exe:
https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?53735-NVIDIA-GameWorks-Integration&p=400329&viewfull=1#post400329

I find it strange that these 7 errors all mention when I only have on my machine and on windows8.1.
If packaging is indeed meant to work at point, would anyone have a clue what might be off in my configuration?

My Configuration: Windows 8.1 (64bit), Visual Studio 2013, Version 4.5 .NET framework, Latest Geforce 358.70 Driver
My Machine: 2 gtx970 SLI (SLI not active for test), i7 5930k 3.5 ghz

Iā€™ve attached a few files in case it helps:

file 1: the log for packaging failure when trying to package the SciFiHallway out the box sample.
file 2: the 7 errors i get when trying to build the UE4 in ā€˜Developmentā€™ configuration to generate UE4Game.exe
file 3: my machine specs

ā€¦If anyone has suggestions for next steps to try to resolve it would be much appreciated.
Iā€™m considering installing windows 10 as a next step for lack of a better idea.