NVIDIA GameWorks Integration

How do you get Gameworks? Even though I have associated my github account with UE 4 I still get a 404 on the Github branch page.
and the Github setup wiki is approved for 4.3 and 4.6.

Has anything changed with 4.9?
Is game works simpler to install now?
How do you install it now? :slight_smile:

Thanks

Check my signature for the link. If your getting a 404 error still, then your account is still not associated. The process is no different to previous versions, you have to compile the engine, it’ll be a long time before its available as just a drop in plugin.

I have an email telling me I’ve added my GitHub association to my Epic games account and I still get a 404 from your link.

Are you able to access the Official UE4 repo? You may need to get in contact with Epic, as I have no control over who doesn’t have access, if you have access to the official UE4 repo, you have access to mine.

What is the UE 4 repo, is it the source code?

https://github/EpicGames/UnrealEngine

Sorry that just shows me the same 404 page. Could you tell me what the UE 4 repo is, thanks.

That is the UE4 repo, where the source code for UE4 lives. If you cannot access that, then your account is not properly linked, and you will have to get in contact with Epic

VXGI TEST

BEFORE

://abload.de/img/highresscreenshot0001zbsr4.png

AFTER

://abload.de/img/highresscreenshot0001dostb.png

BEFORE

://abload.de/img/highresscreenshot0001hese0.png

AFTER

://abload.de/img/highresscreenshot0001tjszq.png

NO SPECS

://abload.de/img/highresscreenshot0002l6scp.png

I gave things another test to see if there was a consistency between my findings. 's the results for my personal GTX 780:

Is the 4.9 branch your using the NVIDIA one? Or my branch? If its mine, can you try the NVIDIA branch just in case I have done something wrong. Otherwise if it was the NVIDIA branch then mine should perform the same if of course I havent done something wrong.

I’m using the build at https://github/apanteleev/UnrealEngine/tree/VXGI-4.9 since it’s a bit further ahead of /tree/VXGI-4.9

If anything, I would expect my 4.8 build to be the broken one, since at the time I was using it for a project that used TrueSKY and I integrated that part myself in addition to VXGI. I wouldn’t expect it to actually get faster as a result of something like that though, if anything in the case of me making a mistake it should have gone slower. Visually, there’s no difference between the two aside from 4.9 having the contrast tuned higher in the post process, which wouldn’t add so much extra to VXGI’s render time.

Alexeys branch (The first link) is in active development, that might be why its running slower. The official NVIDIA branch (The 2nd link) is the one I have integrated into my branch, I have yet to test any performance, but it might be worth trying the official NVIDIA branch one and see if it does infact perform differently to Alexeys

Good point. So, I ran the test again on a freshly downloaded and compiled build off the official Nvidia branch. 's the results:

VXGI_49_Main.png

The difference is so tiny that it probably only happened to be when I pushed printscreen as opposed to anything specifically broken in the other branch, nothing even close to what 4.8 was giving me.

hrm, I’m getting some crazy instability with WaveWorks that I don’t remember experiencing in the past.

Could you be more specific? What instability? What branch? How complex is your material, how is it setup, etc.

If it is my branch, then bare in mind that it is still a work in progress, there may still be some issues outstanding, as I work on my demo project for GameWorks, I will do what I can to improve stability and performance.

Yeah, sorry, my comment was useless.

Using the ZIP from: https://github//UnrealEngine/releases/tag/4.9.1-NVIDIA_TechDemos
Just using the sample material/WaveWorks asset file.
Just dragging the actor and placing it at the origin with that material.

That still doesn’t describe the, when you say instability what do u actually mean? It stutters, freezes, crashes, etc. It may just be that the quad tree generated is too much for your machine, you might want to play with some of the settings on the WaveWorks Component (MeshDim, MinPatchLength, AutoRootLOD) as the default generates over 7000 patches when looking to the horizon.

Galaxy thanks for the reply but maybe i didnt explained my problem well… i found out that the hair is only simulating if you rotate it… and if you move it, its still stiff…
is my problem : - YouTube

Not sure on the translation aspect, I think thats just how its been implemented, only uses rotation/bone animation. As for your animation, it looks like you either have the mass scale set too high (so basically its too heavy) or you have no damping. You should be able to soften it out, so it doesn’t move so quickly.