Not able to interact with level

I can’t open my level, move it to different locations, built data is completely gone, and it says “Failed to load assets” when right clicked. This level holds so much information so how do i get it back?

Did you rename the project?
Can you find it on your disk? (by “right clicking” on the thumbnail in the launcher “library” and “Show in folder”)

The thing is that you cant rename UE4 projects, so if you can rename it as the original it would be restored. When you rename manually a project you kinda break it.

Edit; What happens when you attemp to open it?

ive renamed it already and i can find it in my disc

nothing happens when i open it and i renamed it after this started happening

The idk what could be, sorry. My issues were always about renaming or moving the project.

i have the information in a project folder so i should be able to recreate the level

I can’t open my level

Hi, could you be more specific of what happens? =)

So does the engine crash?, or does the engine freeze and nothing happens?, or …?

move it to different locations, built
data is completely gone, and it says
“Failed to load assets” when right
clicked

How do you move it? So did you migrate it to a new project, or did you just copy it under windows file explorer to a new project, or did you create a duplicate in the same project, or…

And you should always do backups of your whole project at a regular basis (and at best keep them at least on two different disks in case one of the disks breaks), cause things break can (and most likely will) keep happening and if something breaks that affects your whole project and you cannot find a way to reverse it, then you would still have a backup.

You can’t open the level, right click on it to rename, duplicate, delete etc. and you move it by clicking on it and dragging it into something and a menu will open that lets you move, copy, or advanced copy