NoName Projact Wip

did you even use the reflection sphere, if not use the square one as its a hall way and i do think it should have some slight reflectivity

[=AzamKhan;25839]
did you even use the reflection sphere, if not use the square one as its a hall way and i do think it should have some slight reflectivity
[/]

yep my level is filled with reflection sphere, i found where my error was, but had to upgrade system my 4.0.2 stop working on me, so spend my last two days trying to get 4.1 to work, and finally did now i have to go over my materials then will update the reflection stuff.

[=thingimibob;25745]
Out of interest how old are you?
[/]

i prefer not to disclose at the moment, but i am pretty young (not high school young thou).

@wizzkidsan, amazing stuff! Loving the lighting and details everywhere!

[=polyneutron;25859]
@wizzkidsan, amazing stuff! Loving the lighting and details everywhere!
[/]

Ah it all off actually, i been doing something wrong… When i was building level i completely forgot i was to focus on metallic as is a space ship… my materials are on roughness setting which was why i had so much lighting problems and such and had to use so much reflection sphere, will be re tweaking my materials, then going to re work the lighting. Will post the new stuff up soon.

Looking nice!

[]
got it build in 3 days then UE 4 crash and all my asset got corrupted.
[/]

Oh noes! Do you have extra information on what happened? I’m not aware of any data corruption bugs in the engine right now, and fixing any that might crop up is super high on our priority list.

[=;25907]
Looking nice!

Oh noes! Do you have extra information on what happened? I’m not aware of any data corruption bugs in the engine right now, and fixing any that might crop up is super high on our priority list.
[/]

No wasn’t such what happen, but that was a week and couple days ago, i rebuild it all since then, then my 4.0.2 crash and wouldn’t work again, it keep freezing after 10 secs of being open, no matter if you was on the application or not it freeze after 10 sec of loading on what every page you was and wouldn’t unfreeze, it just says unresponsive in task manager, i uninstall and re-install and it still didn’t get fix, I literally started to cry… after it took me 1 week to rebuild from first crash it stop working then i started Google how to tweak my intel graphic card, and i did that and then install the 4.1 and the patch and now my 4.1 is running smooth with only the long compiling issue, but it hasn’t crash or freeze on me once.

My 4.0.2 is done for, and now i move the project over to 4.1 it look totally different, i am seeing details in places i couldn’t see in 4.0.2 so Now to re do my material instances, so far just finish all 35 material parents.

Will be working on pushing out some new screen shot with new setup in 4.1.

Really looking forward to finishing game if the engine stop working on me again, i going to catch a fit (a saying from home country)

Looks really good! You’ve come a long way, keep it up.

[=;26011]
Looks really good! You’ve come a long way, keep it up.
[/]

Thank you, I can’t wait to finish so i can revive my other project. is to build my skills so I’m not a total novice for my next project.

Hello guys, not much time on my hand but i attempted a new lighting on new setup, here is before

Before (4.0.2) Roughness of 0.7-0.9 over all material instance.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(39).png

After (Now in 4.1) Roughness of 0.45-0.55 over all material instance.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(41).png

Look at roof in both in new version you can see though the grill now and also i have a blue light up there.

My floor is like super reflective here is my detail lighting,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(42).png

Anyone know of a way to reduce the reflection without lowering the metallic or increasing the roughness?
OH i am using material instances only.

It’s really to watch progress. Keep it up!

[=Greg Latcovich;26185]
It’s really to watch progress. Keep it up!
[/]

I’m honored and thanks alot. The kinda words are my motivation :slight_smile:

I think increasing roughness is the only way to do it, as far as I know. Just increase it subtly and see what you can come up with.

[=SE_JonF;26217]
I think increasing roughness is the only way to do it, as far as I know. Just increase it subtly and see what you can come up with.
[/]

Ok will try something then. will update as soon as possible.

[=SE_JonF;26217]
[/]

ok i tweak some stuff abit
before

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(41).png

After (roughness of 0.55 on floor while wall and roof is same 0.45) and blue light brighter and more effective.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100209246/Screenshot%20(43).png

:stuck_out_tongue: how is this?

From looking at i think i might just make a PC game lol as no way i can fit all effect into mobile but maybe i can have a mobile and PC version… what you think of the idea?

[]
my 4.1 is running smooth with only the long compiling issue,
[/]

Glad to hear.

BTW, we fixed a code issue resulting in poor lighting rebuild times recently and you should see a noticeable speedup on machines with lots of CPUs in the future.

Wow is really looking… Unreal?

[=;26458]
Wow is really looking… Unreal?
[/]

Found some tutorials i never saw on advance materials and tessellation so will study those then post an update but i will also make my floor a little more metallic, will try a range of 0.45 - 0.5 roughness instead of 0.55.

Nice improvements! looks like story of somebody going from Bright Side (unity) to dark side (ie. Unreal), and don’t get me wrong dark side always wins (or would if not that lonely lunatic called hero). It also looks better and those pictures just prove it.

[=Nawrot;28647]
Nice improvements! looks like story of somebody going from Bright Side (unity) to dark side (ie. Unreal), and don’t get me wrong dark side always wins (or would if not that lonely lunatic called hero). It also looks better and those pictures just prove it.
[/]

I did and adding some new stuff trying to get my brother to make a video as the game play laggy on my system. lol but i added tons of stuff still haven’t gotten in tessellation yet but working on it, and i hope to get all the blueprint stuff working properly before he do video.